Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 - Video Transmission - Use 2.4 or 5 GHz?

Reaction score
Experiencing losses in X5S video transmission from Inspire 2. Are the frequencies on which each of the video and control signals travel, 2.4GHz & 5 GHz, swappable? What is the default and what is the recommended frequency for each Video and Control transmission? Firmware versions: Aircraft = 4.3.46; Remote Controller = 1.02.0600; Ram Controller = 01.41.01.72; X5S Camera = 01.11.22.29. What are other tried and true techniques to boost video transmission strength? Thank you.

Experiencing losses in X5S video transmission from Inspire 2. Are the frequencies on which each of the video and control signals travel, 2.4GHz & 5 GHz, swappable? What is the default and what is the recommended frequency for each Video and Control transmission? Firmware versions: Aircraft = 4.3.46; Remote Controller = 1.02.0600; Ram Controller = 01.41.01.72; X5S Camera = 01.11.22.29. What are other tried and true techniques to boost video transmission strength? Thank you.
Again, what do you exactly mean by loosing video transmission? If you are using the CrystalSky display it tends to crash, well actually the GO4 tends to crash causing the video feed to freeze on the display. Some people are saying that I-pad mini or one of the recent Samsung tablets are more stable platforms than CrystalSky. What display do you use?

Reactions: Donnie Frank
Again, what do you exactly mean by loosing video transmission? If you are using the CrystalSky display it tends to crash, well actually the GO4 tends to crash causing the video feed to freeze on the display. Some people are saying that I-pad mini or one of the recent Samsung tablets are more stable platforms than CrystalSky. What display do you use?
The video feed pixelates then turns green on the Applie iPad. Weak video signal notification also appears.

There could be many reasons for this.
I'd start with cleaning the strip contacts on the camera mounting plate and on the gimbal.
If that does not help, I'd have a look at the antennas in legs of the I2 and unplug, clean and replug the tiny gold connectors there. If that does not help, I'd check my controller if the antenna wires are firmly attached to the antenna ports from inside. They can brake-off over time( it happened on my Cendence) from the strain on the wires caused by frequent turning the antennas on the controller from transport to rabbit ear possition. If that does not help you might need to send the whole thing in for service.

Reactions: hhung516 and John
There could be many reasons for this.
I'd start with cleaning the strip contacts on the camera mounting plate and on the gimbal.
If that does not help, I'd have a look at the antennas in legs of the I2 and unplug, clean and replug the tiny gold connectors there. If that does not help, I'd check my controller if the antenna wires are firmly attached to the antenna ports from inside. They can brake-off over time( it happened on my Cendence) from the strain on the wires caused by frequent turning the antennas on the controller from transport to rabbit ear possition. If that does not help you might need to send the whole thing in for service.
Good suggestions. Thank you.

I'm having the same issue. I have set the video transmission to 720p and 2.4 gb. Also note the antenna positions on the controller from the DJI Inspire manual. I noticed an improvement, but still not 100% confident to fly for a specific video capture mission.DJI Controller antenna.png

5.8 always works better for me here in the US.
I'm in Austin. I have made several flights with the position of the antenna the main focus. My confidence is building. Plus it has been below 98 degrees so the iPad doesn't get too hot

Hey, you are talking about Some people are saying that I-pad mini or one of the recent Samsung tablets are more stable platforms than CrystalSky. for this you have to search on google.

Dr Jambu Jain

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg