Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 X5S Gimbal Not Working Stuck at 90 Degrees

Reaction score
Hi there! I have been working on an I2/X5S kit, trying to get everything to work (backstory is that it was submerged in fresh water while in its case). I've got the drone flying but there is an issue that has developed with the camera gimbal.

On startup the camera will rotate 90 degrees then lock in place. It will be unresponsive to inputs, calibration will not initiate, etc. I do however get a video feed. I have found a couple threads here with a similar issue but did not see any solutions posted. Any ideas will be appreciated!

Also, I have replaced the vibration board already, didn't change anything.

Hi there! I have been working on an I2/X5S kit, trying to get everything to work (backstory is that it was submerged in fresh water while in its case). I've got the drone flying but there is an issue that has developed with the camera gimbal.

On startup the camera will rotate 90 degrees then lock in place. It will be unresponsive to inputs, calibration will not initiate, etc. I do however get a video feed. I have found a couple threads here with a similar issue but did not see any solutions posted. Any ideas will be appreciated!

Also, I have replaced the vibration board already, didn't change anything.

It could be a problem with your ribbon cable, you could attempt to work on it yourself as the ribbon cable is not that expensive. However the cost effectiveness really depends on your skill level, I would watch this video and see if it’s up your alley, if not there are great repair shops that you can send your camera into and the techs can fix it.

Tutorial:

Edited by moderator - URL removed, since there is no indication what country the OP is from.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla