Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire Case - Cabin Baggage

Reaction score
I'm looking for a case for my inspire, which is suitable to carry on a flight as cabin baggage. So far my luck seems very limited.
All I need to carry is the following:
1 x Controller
1 X Inspire
1 x Gimbal In Case - (would possible consider a prefab slot)
4 x Battery (could possibly drop this down to 3)
2 x Sets of props
Assorted Wires

Does anyone know of any suitable cases?

I have been looking at the Pelican 1510 with pick and pluck foam, as a possible DIY method. I understand that it probably isn't as secure as some of the cases, but considering this thing ain't going to leave my side I am willing to make that trade off. Does anyone know if I could fit the inspire unit into the Pelican?

I to am looking for a solution and found the offerings really limited. I have just bought one of these http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=161652871933&alt=web I'm waiting for it to arrive. It's not ideal as parts of the i1 will be exposed but like you said its not going to leave my side so thought it was a better option than not bringing the i1 with me. I'll let you know what the bag is like when it arrives.

Reactions: Marketal
Can I ask what's wrong with the standard Inspire semi-hard case?

I recently travelled from the East Coast of Australia to a remote spot on the Western Australian coast - and back - using the standard case.
• Brisbane - Perth. 3615km as checked luggage on a 727.
• Perth - Geraldton. 700km as checked luggage on a small prop plane.
• Geraldton - Kalbarri. 150km on sealed roads.
• Kalbarri - Zuytdorp cliffs. 80km of extremely rugged offroad 4WDriving.
Then the whole trip in reverse.
As well, there was baggage collection and re-check in at each airport, and the case being put in the back of taxis and rental cars, and loaded/unloaded at camping grounds and motels.

Everything was fine, there was no damage and the Inspire flew without a problem.

The case got a few scratches but that just adds to its personality.

Aloha
I use this back pack last couple trip and not perfect but feel better then a bib case. You can carry on a flight as cabin baggage and will carry almost all you need. I use a small sock to cover the motor and I have a water prouve bag in case of rain or for more protection, they is plenty of strap to secure the Inspire 1. It's not a back pack for inspire 1 but is pretty handy for back packing and is really usefull is you don't have much room. I like it and for $50 its a pretty good alternative. Mahalo

Aloha
I use this back pack last couple trip and not perfect but feel better then a bib case. You can carry on a flight as cabin baggage and will carry almost all you need. I use a small sock to cover the motor and I have a water prouve bag in case of rain or for more protection, they is plenty of strap to secure the Inspire 1. It's not a back pack for inspire 1 but is pretty handy for back packing and is really usefull is you don't have much room. I like it and for $50 its a pretty good alternative. Mahalo
do you have any pics of the back pack or was it the one from the link in my post above?

Aloha, same as above. The only other option I did see was a bicycle back pack that include a front flap for the helmet. The cost was hired $100 but way better quality maybe. I hope the one I have will be ok for a wile.. it's look ok quality wise. I put my inspire up side down like that I don[t put to much pressure on the bumper where the camera is attach. Mahalo

Aloha, same as above. The only other option I did see was a bicycle back pack that include a front flap for the helmet. The cost was hired $100 but way better quality maybe. I hope the one I have will be ok for a wile.. it's look ok quality wise. I put my inspire up side down like that I don[t put to much pressure on the bumper where the camera is attach. Mahalo
Ah perfect, funny enough the postman has just arrived and my back pack has arrived. Now to just finish work and head home to test it out. First impressions though are good, it looks really well made. I think I'll get a generic waterproof "shell" cover for it though just to add a bit more weather proofing to it. Great tip on putting it in upside down. Thank you

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
Ah perfect, funny enough the postman has just arrived and my back pack has arrived. Now to just finish work and head home to test it out. First impressions though are good, it looks really well made. I think I'll get a generic waterproof "shell" cover for it though just to add a bit more weather proofing to it. Great tip on putting it in upside down. Thank you

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk
Andrew, could you take some pictures please?

Andrew, could you take some pictures please?
uploadfromtaptalk1438613732663.jpguploadfromtaptalk1438613757666.jpguploadfromtaptalk1438613776436.jpguploadfromtaptalk1438613801305.jpguploadfromtaptalk1438613821247.jpguploadfromtaptalk1438613847923.jpg

The bag seems really well made, its not ideal as a lot of the i1 is still exposed, and the main compartment is just one big space with a net partition so things might bang around a little inside. It has one pocket either side and another pocket on the bottom edge/flap of the bag.

It's comfortable to wear, but I have only put it on to feel the weight of it fully loaded. It is clearly better (for me) than the case the i1 came in, others mileage might vary but for £30 its definitely worth it I think.

That's excellent if you need to walk/hike anywhere.
Yeah it really is, it gets a bit "full" really quick though. So when you have the camera gimbal, a controller (or 2) some batteries ect ect as well as the i1 itself. The bag gets bulky, I think it's because there's no real place for the controller and batteries I've just put them in the main compartment and the i1 seems to sit really proud because the controller ect is underneath it in the bag. (Hope that makes sense) I'll try to post another picture later showing what I mean. It's definitely better than the original case but its not a perfect solution, but one I'm going to happily use until something better comes along.

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
Many thanks for sharing. I do a lot of hiking and would love to bring my bird. The only issue I see with your solution is the issue of waterproofing the bird. I would hate to be half way up a mountain and it to start raining - having so much of the bird exposed to the elements. I'm not sure how water resistant the I1 is.

Reactions: Raphael Dahan

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop