Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire CSC after landing

Reaction score
Hello, wondering if anyone know how to reduce the active braking when stopping the motors. With folding T Motor props the motors stop so fast that the blades try to fold around the centre hub. I just wanted to make the props spin down with less braking. Is that an adjustable feature? The braking in the sensitivity setting has no affect on it.

thanks

With my Inspire 1 I just slowly reduce the power with the left stick until it is fully back at which point the motors will shut down. No need for a CSC.

Not sure it will make much difference with the way the folding props behave but worth a try.

Hello, wondering if anyone know how to reduce the active braking when stopping the motors. With folding T Motor props the motors stop so fast that the blades try to fold around the centre hub. I just wanted to make the props spin down with less braking. Is that an adjustable feature? The braking in the sensitivity setting has no affect on it.

thanks

There is nothing wrong if the props try to fold in when stopped, just reopen them before you start again. The only issue I can see is if you shut the I2 down at a different location where you can not get to easily.

I tightened the blade screws/ nuts slightly to reduce the folding. I did this by matching the tightest blade out of all of the prop sets and have no more issues with them trying to fold upon shut down.

There is nothing wrong if the props try to fold in when stopped, just reopen them before you start again. The only issue I can see is if you shut the I2 down at a different location where you can not get to easily.

Do you have any recommendations as to how tight the props should be?

Perhaps if you could give a guide based upon either

1. the torque needed on the prop shaft (with the end of the prop held in place) before the prop moves within the mount

or

2. the force to be applied at the end of the prop (with the prop shaft held in place) before the prop moves within the mount?

No torque specs, I just matched the tightest blade out of all 8 props.

I felt that the props were a bit tight when they arrived because they didn’t always ‘spin straight’ which sometimes created some vibration.

I slackened them all a little and the imbalance issue happens much less frequently but still isn’t perfect. I was wondering if it would be ok to slacken them to a similar level to the Mavic folding props, which have very little resistance.

I guess there are two dangers in slackening them too much, lack of speed control and possible detachment if the screws vibrate out.

It would be nice to have some figures to use to set them correctly ... Florida Drone?

I felt that the props were a bit tight when they arrived because they didn’t always ‘spin straight’ which sometimes created some vibration.

I slackened them all a little and the imbalance issue happens much less frequently but still isn’t perfect. I was wondering if it would be ok to slacken them to a similar level to the Mavic folding props, which have very little resistance.

I guess there are two dangers in slackening them too much, lack of speed control and possible detachment if the screws vibrate out.

It would be nice to have some figures to use to set them correctly ... Florida Drone?

There are no set figures offered by us or T-Motor. We agree that they are to tight from the factory and loosen them a little so that they stay in place if you were to rotate the motor briskly by hand and not have the props flop around. We will work on a video to show how we set ours in the near future.

Reactions: r62ewa and MrTVR
Great. I have the T-motors and slacked them a little but feel they might still be a little tight. I too was worried about loosening too much and having the screw detach during flight. Being able to see how yours unfold @Florida Drone Supply will be very helpful.

Now that is a good engineering design to keep the blades from falling off........a locknut

Last edited:
Florida, I would appreciate that video! I believe mine are too tight after this conversation, but have not loosened them at all.

Reactions: Mike'S Photo

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oharac