Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire one wins vs typhoon h in return to home test, but....

Reaction score
I did a test between the Inpire 1 and the Typhoon H on the precision of their return to home functions. Though the I1 was overwhelmingly better landing 3-4 feet away from take of point whyle the TH is way off the mark, I am not sure if this is normal. Do you guys have the same experience with your I1?

This one counters yours in high wind conditions.

Phantom was found four miles away by Civil Air Patrol. The Inspire 1 was 854 feet away from home point but landed safely. The Yuneec was only 16 feet away. Might be 6 propper vs. 4 proppers.

Reactions: W5LF
Ok, being new to these drones, doesn't the GPS tell the drone ANYTHING about where it is in relationship to the point its supposed to be stationary over?

Ok, being new to these drones, doesn't the GPS tell the drone ANYTHING about where it is in relationship to the point its supposed to be stationary over?

Yes, but if the wind has more horsepower than the drone does, then Mother Nature wins!

Fwiw, I flew a normal RC helicopter up and over some trees at a park once (Now banned for any RC stuff too!) and the wind caught it like a kite and away it went. Nothing I could do to get it back. Luckily I saw it lose the RC connection and it dropped like a rock onto someone's house. I went fora long walk to the house where a lot of dogs were barking thinking "This must be the place" and knocked. Teenage girl said her dad said "Some helicopter fell out of the sky and off the patio roof onto the pool deck." It was pretty well mangled up when he gave it to me. It now sits on top of the entertainment center as a reminder of Mother Nature.

This video was deeply flawed tbh and offers no real actual proof of anything in those winds.

Yes, but if the wind has more horsepower than the drone does, then Mother Nature wins!

Fwiw, I flew a normal RC helicopter up and over some trees at a park once (Now banned for any RC stuff too!) and the wind caught it like a kite and away it went. Nothing I could do to get it back. Luckily I saw it lose the RC connection and it dropped like a rock onto someone's house. I went fora long walk to the house where a lot of dogs were barking thinking "This must be the place" and knocked. Teenage girl said her dad said "Some helicopter fell out of the sky and off the patio roof onto the pool deck." It was pretty well mangled up when he gave it to me. It now sits on top of the entertainment center as a reminder of Mother Nature.

That I can understand, I would think programming could just tell it to bail to the ground if possible. This was an unfortunate time, but the test was really appreciated. I hope no drones were badly damaged.

My Inspire almost always lands 1 meter forward and to the right of where it took off from.

As for the above video. I don't think they had the home points set properly in that test.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan