Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire with Tiger CF Props

Reaction score
I put Tiger CF 14 in Props on my inspire. Looks great so far. Maiden flight tomorrow.

Anyone has done it already ? Tips, feedback, etc ?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_6850.JPG
    IMG_6850.JPG
    228.4 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_6851.JPG
    IMG_6851.JPG
    628.3 KB · Views: 196
Reactions: RDTech
I put Tiger CF 14 in Props on my inspire. Looks great so far. Maiden flight tomorrow.

Anyone has done it already ? Tips, feedback, etc ?

Thanks
Why? What is wrong with the stock props?
Have you worked out the additional loading factor that swinging 14x4.8 will put on the tuned propulsion system?
Additionally, can I see a photo of the clearance you have between these props and the nose cone/Gimbal bracket at the front of the aircraft?

Reactions: NEJO/Wisconsin
According to a friend who has them already, more stable flight and 2 more minutes flight time.

They look and feel much better than the standard props. Had Tiger Props on the P2 as well and am really happy. Hopefully on the inspire too..

I don't have the Tiger carbon-fibre props but I have been using another type of the screw-on design. They are excellent and lighter than the originals. Having smashed several of the supplied plastic props I don't expect them to shatter if I clip something.

According to a friend who has them already, more stable flight and 2 more minutes flight time.

They look and feel much better than the standard props. Had Tiger Props on the P2 as well and am really happy. Hopefully on the inspire too..
I don't think so - The Tigers' have a steeper pitch and a larger surface area which means the motors will work harder to turn them since their frictional air resistance is higher than the stock props. This will mean a higher current draw on the system resulting in LESS flight time not more.
Additionally, if the clearance between the prop tip and the gimbal is lessened you run the risk of the gimbal shifting in flight and fouling on the front props.
Finally, the Tiger props are far stiffer than stock and you will see an increase in jello since they are far less forgiving than hybrid props with a little flex in them.

It's your Inspire though..... so enjoy.

I don't have the Tiger carbon-fibre props but I have been using another type of the screw-on design. They are excellent and lighter than the originals. Having smashed several of the supplied plastic props I don't expect them to shatter if I clip something.
Pure Carbon Fiber props will shatter FAR more easily than any hybrid prop.

Reactions: Scotflieger
They will also have higher thrust, so motors will work less for same output. Tomorrow I will compare flight times.

They will also have higher thrust, so motors will work less for same output. Tomorrow I will compare flight times.
Errrr......no, sorry, it doesn't work like that. General laws of physics, you cannot get something for nothing.

Additional propeller drag caused by the larger/steeper prop will cause a difference in torque about the vertical axis of one (opposite) pair of propellers and the other. You will need additional power from each motor to speed up or slow down the larger props. Factor both these variables in (larger props and more power needed to accelerate/decelerate) and you have lost efficiency from a specifically tuned system.

Irrespective of the loading factors which may or may not be marginal, I would be more concerned of the affect on vibration transmission through the frame affecting footage!

Absolutely not - CF has virtually zero flex in it which means any resonance is transmitted straight to the motor shaft and onward into the frame.
This is a tuned system and that will include resonance tuning (which is why gimbal dampers are designed around a specific harmonic frequency).
You are altering that resonance by using stiffer props.

However - It is your Inspire so you can do whatever you want with it so I shall not comment further - It's a free(ish) world :)

As part of the CAA RPAS it is necessary to understand Einstein's theories, I seriously suggest that you make them part of your bedtime reading before you incur some very expensive maintenance costs or worse. :)

Reactions: sirnikolas
I don't think The Editor could have explained it better. Props are a major factor when dealing with flight, as apposed to a new paint job on your bird... I'm am sure a lot of thought and design went into the stock props, I'll be sticking with those.
Happy flying!

I live and fly at 10,000 feet elevation. I don't have any problem with the stock props but I was wondering if there was a more efficient prop for the thinner air?

I live and fly at 10,000 feet elevation. I don't have any problem with the stock props but I was wondering if there was a more efficient prop for the thinner air?
Don't forget you are flying out of spec for the Inspire (which is rated at 4,500asl) so you are in uncharted territory a bit. Your motors will need to work harder/spin faster just to maintain lift.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop