Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire X5S and Osmo

Nope. The I2 store page talks of a new handheld mount "coming soon". Connection is completely different on the new I2 series products, no compatibility with anything existing it seems.

Reactions: Stuart Covey
Why would DJI do something so silly as to make a new product backwards compatible with their old one? Don't they know us mindless consumers will fork out cash willy-nilly in order to have the 'best' available product while completely forgetting about the obsolete Inspire 1?

Why would DJI do something so silly as to make a new product backwards compatible with their old one? Don't they know us mindless consumers will fork out cash willy-nilly in order to have the 'best' available product while completely forgetting about the obsolete Inspire 1?

Because it requires a completely different image processor engine so that they can output ProRes, Cinema DMG and Raw files. It's a VERY different camera and bird

Because it requires a completely different image processor engine so that they can output ProRes, Cinema DMG and Raw files. It's a VERY different camera and bird
Is the image processor not built into the camera itself?

Ok so to DJI what exactly is the advantage to doing this and over engineering the product in this way?

Much of this is for the pro market where we need ProRes to work in our workflow. This isn't over engineering its what needs to be in the market and stay as the market leader

Much of this is for the pro market where we need ProRes to work in our workflow. This isn't over engineering its what needs to be in the market and stay as the market leader
Believe me I understand the need for prores, I have been wanting it on an inspire since it first came out. What I'm saying is why build the 'processing unit' as part of the craft and not as part of the camera like it currently is?

Believe me I understand the need for prores, I have been wanting it on an inspire since it first came out. What I'm saying is why build the 'processing unit' as part of the craft and not as part of the camera like it currently is?

Because it allows for better packaging and better camera and transmission quality

Heavier, larger and more expensive cameras otherwise. Weight distribution ...
There are more things I could think of, as reasons to separate the components, but those are the first.

K but if I'm DJI why not simply update the chipset in the X5R and sell that as a new product?? It's not like the technology doesn't exist, to me its just a big F-you to the existing inspire owners.

Reactions: jonathanivy
K but if I'm DJI why not simply update the chipset in the X5R and sell that as a new product?? It's not like the technology doesn't exist, to me its just a big F-you to the existing inspire owners.

I'm not certain that you understand how much of an increase of data rate and quality this is. It's Huge it's double the data for each camera. It's outputting both ProRes and CineRaw which are two totally new and huge steps up in quality. Its not changing a SoC this is a completely new image engine. The fact that they have scaled it to the size they have in the fuselage is a huge leap forward.

It really sounds like the ideal flying filming machine and we want one! However the fact we just bought an Inspire 1 X5R makes the 10K hit a little more harsh, but we're ordering one. Sad but true!

J & K

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marcusjames