Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire1 Max Range vs Phantom3 Professional, you have to see this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Website
www.youtubedronedoctor.com
You guys have to see the results of the Lightbridge max range test I just did with my Inspire1 vs Phantom3 Pro. It blew us all away!!!!!!! These are stock units guys, no modifications flying over heavy forest so you know the transmitter signals were getting absorbed pretty good I'm sure. I got tired of all the "off-track" comments so I modified the video for you who really care to enjoy the outcome. Thanks to all the "kind" comments from those who emailed me directly and I appreciate them!

Last edited:
Your saying your drone will go ONE WAY 45,931.8 feet without losing video signal over terrain? Hahahahaha, and with a stock transmitter? Hahahahahaha, ok........ I'm sure standing on a mountain overlooking the ocean you can fly it out past the battery return range, but 14km one way video link on a stock transmitter. 8.6992 miles...., I think I just pissed myself!!!!

Last edited:
I said 14km return. Meaning, 7 kilometers 1 way and 7 kilometers return or back. But what I failed to mention was that I don't have stock antennas and my antennas are rated at 7 km and I've never tested them at the above distance other than a 2.6km test I did over farmland and not flying over people or freeways as you did..
Plus, it was a lite light-hearted reply, there's no need to get your knickers in a knot. Or should I say, no need to piss yourself. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: CaptainBadge
You guys have to see the results of the Lightbridge max range test I just did with my Inspire1 vs Phantom3 Pro. It blew us all away!!!!!!! These are stock units guys, no modifications flying over heavy forest so you know the transmitter signals were getting absorbed pretty good I'm sure.
Thank you for this comparison video.

Its heartwarming to see that you are flying your aircraft at the limits of their capability over a busy freeway!

You guys have to see the results of the Lightbridge max range test I just did with my Inspire1 vs Phantom3 Pro. It blew us all away!!!!!!! These are stock units guys, no modifications flying over heavy forest so you know the transmitter signals were getting absorbed pretty good I'm sure.
Interesting test doc, indeed. It doesn't bother you that in posting you are beyond the guideline of VLOS? Being in the UK it would actually be illegal. I was just wondering what your personal thoughts were on it?

Edit: combined with over freeway?

Last edited:
Thank you for this comparison video.

Its heartwarming to see that you are flying your aircraft at the limits of their capability over a busy freeway!

Editor, when will you ever learn that rules, regulations, laws, and common sense do not apply to the privileged few? Sadly, my friend, neither you nor I (and most folks here) are part of that elite group who are "above the law."

Can't believe we have to tell you HOW we do our tests every time because people need to get all pissy over stupid stuff they have idea about..... Two spotters on ground with radios to pick up my drones if I lose power and need to set it down.... And we have most of the area all to us. More preflight set ups done and no, I'm not going over it on a thread.........

..... Two spotters on ground with radios to pick up my drones if I lose power and need to set it down.... ...

That's good to know...... what you mean like in the middle of the freeway?

Whilst BLOS can be done in a safe and responsible way I'm afraid you will not get too many fans on this forum by showing you have flown over a busy interstate whilst at the very limits of your radio/telemetry link on an unproven early firmware platform (P3)

Reactions: sirnikolas
Why is it that its always the guys with 'Drone' in their name that come on here and start berating everyone who have been here for a while.

Oh and just a tidbit for you - VLOS is unaided line of sight. No 'spotters with radios'. VLOS is unaided with the exception of corrective lenses and in the US the only recognized line of sight standard.

I clarified BFE for you Editor so you are not thinking in the wrong box...... BFE is a "Better Flight Environment" as for having the name "Drone" associated........ wow, you guys need to get a life...... VLOS is a recommendation with terms such as "should" and recommended. I was part of that group who assisted in getting the new rules set up and I still disagree with many of them that were finally decided to be pushed. The final rules that will be in place are still being modified and over the next couple years they will be changed again and again to follow the growing technology. As for "unassisted visual line of sight" I still disagree with this "recommendation" as there is nothing wrong having a team with you to assist. This is why I don't post or comment much on these forums because it is people like you who have to put their "self appointed" expertise into every persons post and attempt to belittle them into thinking YOU are the king of all things drone. We follow the safety guidelines for our area and I thank you for your input, but save it for another thread that solicits it. I started a threat to show the light bridge range, not to banter back and forth with over what "you" interpret as safe and responsible. Our team is made of a law enforcement pilot and several "ground guys" as I call them. I flew choppers myself so YES, I SEE YOUR POINT! But really, I'm getting tired of explaining myself and giving opinions to those who don't want to listen or have their own closed minds. Again, thank you for your posts.............. I think.......

Reactions: tuxevil
I clarified BFE for you Editor so you are not thinking in the wrong box...... BFE is a "Better Flight Environment" as for having the name "Drone" associated........ wow, you guys need to get a life...... VLOS is a recommendation with terms such as "should" and recommended. I was part of that group who assisted in getting the new rules set up and I still disagree with many of them that were finally decided to be pushed. The final rules that will be in place are still being modified and over the next couple years they will be changed again and again to follow the growing technology. As for "unassisted visual line of sight" I still disagree with this "recommendation" as there is nothing wrong having a team with you to assist. This is why I don't post or comment much on these forums because it is people like you who have to put their "self appointed" expertise into every persons post and attempt to belittle them into thinking YOU are the king of all things drone. We follow the safety guidelines for our area and I thank you for your input, but save it for another thread that solicits it. I started a threat to show the light bridge range, not to banter back and forth with over what "you" interpret as safe and responsible. Our team is made of a law enforcement pilot and several "ground guys" as I call them. I flew choppers myself so YES, I SEE YOUR POINT! But really, I'm getting tired of explaining myself and giving opinions to those who don't want to listen or have their own closed minds. Again, thank you for your posts.............. I think.......
Who said we don't want to listen? It is a forum after all.

Are you a commercial operator? Sounds like it. if so you would know that VLOS is not a recommendation if you are. I went to watch your video but it is private. Probably not something an operator who 'worked to get the new rules set up" would want the FAA to see.

Capt, I welcome any and all to watch my video. I'm on the road and using clips from it to send to one of our guys who were with me with your comments. We haven't have a good laugh in quite a while with our work schedule, so this was good one. Sorry, I'll get it back up in a second as it's transferring...... Thanks for your concern and blowing up my thread with stupid banter.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207