Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Insurance

Reaction score
I know this has come up a few times but no one has really distinctly answered the question of insurance yet. SquareTrade doesn't cover the Inspire. I don't have home insurance since I do rentals so I can't add it through there. I don't have an LLC or any form of a company so I don't think (could be wrong) I can get business insurance. Is there anyone in the US that offers UAS/UAV insurance? I'm also looking to insure the rest of my gear so if I could get a policy that covered all my photo and video equipment as well as the Inspire that would be the best bet. Anyone know who to try to use?

I know this has come up a few times but no one has really distinctly answered the question of insurance yet. SquareTrade doesn't cover the Inspire. I don't have home insurance since I do rentals so I can't add it through there. I don't have an LLC or any form of a company so I don't think (could be wrong) I can get business insurance. Is there anyone in the US that offers UAS/UAV insurance? I'm also looking to insure the rest of my gear so if I could get a policy that covered all my photo and video equipment as well as the Inspire that would be the best bet. Anyone know who to try to use?
Hey Jonathan. .the ama has insurance for their members ,but you have to follow their rules ..no modifications without a license, must keep in los and so on..right now I don't know of any insurance for people that don't own a home..but don't worry it won't be long until we will have to have liability ins to fly...

Hey Jonathan. .the ama has insurance for their members ,but you have to follow their rules ..no modifications without a license, must keep in los and so on..right now I don't know of any insurance for people that don't own a home..but don't worry it won't be long until we will have to have liability ins to fly...

Don't you also have to be flying in an approved AMA flying field to be covered if something happens? Or am I wrong on that?

I don't have home insurance since I do rentals so I can't add it through there.

See if you can add valuable items coverage to your renter's insurance. Travelers lets you:

https://www.travelers.com/personal-insurance/valuable-items-coverage/index.aspx

And according to the information on that page, there is no deductible for this. Although this could just mean there is no additional deductible, as you may still need to pay the renter's or homeowner's insurance deductible when you file a claim.

Last edited:
Don't you also have to be flying in an approved AMA flying field to be covered if something happens? Or am I wrong on that?

See if you can add valuable items coverage to your renter's insurance. Travelers lets you:

https://www.travelers.com/personal-insurance/valuable-items-coverage/index.aspx

And according to the information on that page, there is no deductible for this. Although this could just mean there is no additional deductible, as you may still need to pay the renter's or homeowner's insurance deductible when you file a claim.
Not sure ..they lost me at "need a license to modify your fcc device " and must fly los..don't agree but abide to the recommendation. .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth