Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Interesting surprise.

I just received my I1 today and as I posted before I am making stride to take it one step at a time.

In this case I have discovered that 90% of the props I received are unbalanced.

Those are the special edition props..lol..(not)
mine are the same way..can I borrow your ballancer?? Hehe..
enjoy your inspire1. .happy flying. .
turbo. .

I would balance the props before flight, I do this for all my aircrafts....not out of some reason that it will cause some type of misfortune, but unbalanced props lead to vibrations you don't want moving through the aircraft. Plus your video might not be very good, I've never seen video from an inspire with unbalanced props so I can't say for sure

Reactions: The Editor
I would balance the props before flight, I do this for all my aircrafts....not out of some reason that it will cause some type of misfortune, but unbalanced props lead to vibrations you don't want moving through the aircraft. Plus your video might not be very good, I've never seen video from an inspire with unbalanced props so I can't say for sure
There's definitely a harmonic vibration that occurs. .
you can hear it when flying. .
I switched to my spare set and the vibration is much less..
I'm sure most of my props came out of balance. ..
turbo. ..

There's definitely a harmonic vibration that occurs. .
you can hear it when flying. .
I switched to my spare set and the vibration is much less..
I'm sure most of my props came out of balance. ..
turbo. ..

Can't say I'm surprised...everything about the Inspire is so precise that throw one thing out and it can cause issues across the board, eventually screws would work themselves loose, the actual booms would start to become loose so yeah at some point it would be very bad and cause problems everywhere. Balance them props before you fly it.

Turbo I see you overpaid for a turboace product as well? Me too, awesome machine (a little dated) but paid wayyy too much for mine.

Can't say I'm surprised...everything about the Inspire is so precise that throw one thing out and it can cause issues across the board, eventually screws would work themselves loose, the actual booms would start to become loose so yeah at some point it would be very bad and cause problems everywhere. Balance them props before you fly it.

Turbo I see you overpaid for a turboace product as well? Me too, awesome machine (a little dated) but paid wayyy too much for mine.
Well not exactly. .I wanted a turbo matrix I ,but it was 5000.00 usd for an entry level matrix. .
I bought a phantom while I was saving up for the turbomatrix and relized that they were expensive and the only thing it did better was fly faster and farther,but by the time you upgrade the camera and add lightbridge you're looking at 8 to 10 thousand dollars. .
about that time I heard the about the triumph rumor and ever since I've been on board with the what turned out to be the inspire. .
Don't see wow industries making too much longer. .
thanks for the shout out skylabimaging. .
turbo. .

There's definitely a harmonic vibration that occurs...

I agree and thus why I am very **** about precision stuff. I can appreciate people that does precision rifle matches. They make sure the match the barrel to their bullet. Get the precise amount of powder recipe, match the lead to cartridge, and the overall weight of the ammunition are exact.

The video I put up was not even the worse prop that was out of balance and having an unbalanced, wobbly bird will certainly affect either the flight and video quality.

I agree and thus why I am very **** about precision stuff. I can appreciate people that does precision rifle matches. They make sure the match the barrel to their bullet. Get the precise amount of powder recipe, match the lead to cartridge, and the overall weight of the ammunition are exact.

The video I put up was not even the worse prop that was out of balance and having an unbalanced, wobbly bird will certainly affect either the flight and video quality.
Sounds like you don't mess around. .
Are you in Oakland? ? If so what would you want to balance a set of mine??
Turbo. .

+1
I will not even mount a prop on any of my machines unless I have been through the balance process.
I have T-Motor CF on my Hex's at $35 each and they all need a slight balance out of the box.
It's just a decipline I have got into left over from my CP heli days where you not only have to balance but get tracking right as well. If your rotor head was not set up right the craft can shake itself to pieces!

Reactions: damoncooper
+1. Balance every prop before use. Only takes a few minutes and it helps limit jello and unnecessary wear and tear on the motors.

I am relatively new to all of this. Have owned 2 Phantoms and now the Inspire. I have not done any prop balancing and have not had any vibration issues. I wouldn't mind learning how to balance props...is there a good video out that fully explains how to do this? Also, is there an inexpensive tool that I could use to attach the props to for this balancing? Thanks,

It is an easy task and a simple search on YouTube will net several dozen tutorials.

I am relatively new to all of this. Have owned 2 Phantoms and now the Inspire. I have not done any prop balancing and have not had any vibration issues. I wouldn't mind learning how to balance props...is there a good video out that fully explains how to do this? Also, is there an inexpensive tool that I could use to attach the props to for this balancing? Thanks,

This video showed up in another thread..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips