Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

IOC?

What is the IOC and the IMU?

IOC stands for Intelligent Orientation Control. It is the F mode on the 3-position switch of the controller. It is currently not active, but with a future firmware upgrade will allow Course Lock, Home Lock and Point of Interest (POI) flight modes that are similar to the Phantom 2 Naza FC flight modes.

IMU stands for Inertial Measurement Unit, which is the sensor that orients the Inspire in 3 dimensional space, and tells the FC, or Flight Controller, what level, unaccelerated flight is, so that when you leave sticks in neutral the Inspire hovers in level flight. An IMU calibration has to be done with the Inspire on a level surface and without any disturbance during calibration. Basically, its a set of accelerometers that sense minute changes in orientation and speed, just like the Big Birds use.

IOC stands for Intelligent Orientation Control. It is the F mode on the 3-position switch of the controller. It is currently not active, but with a future firmware upgrade will allow Course Lock, Home Lock and Point of Interest (POI) flight modes that are similar to the Phantom 2 Naza FC flight modes.

IMU stands for Inertial Measurement Unit, which is the sensor that orients the Inspire in 3 dimensional space, and tells the FC, or Flight Controller, what level, unaccelerated flight is, so that when you leave sticks in neutral the Inspire hovers in level flight. An IMU calibration has to be done with the Inspire on a level surface and without any disturbance during calibration. Basically, its a set of accelerometers that sense minute changes in orientation and speed, just like the Big Birds use.

Course Lock is currently on for the IOC. At least it is on the iOS version of the App. I get so confused with the different feature set of the Apps.

Course Lock is currently on for the IOC. At least it is on the iOS version of the App. I get so confused with the different feature set of the Apps.

Ed, I didn't realize that Course Lock was active. What about Home Lock? Does switching from P mode to F mode take the Inspire out of GPS, as you have to switch through Atti to get there? I wouldn't think so, but I haven't tried it yet.

Ed, I didn't realize that Course Lock was active. What about Home Lock? Does switching from P mode to F mode take the Inspire out of GPS, as you have to switch through Atti to get there? I wouldn't think so, but I haven't tried it yet.

Just momentarily. Make sure that you reset CL when you enter the screen. HL and POI are still in the works. Hopefully soon.

How do you activate ioc on the new updated app
Cant fond IT under advaced settings anymore?
Ramsiw

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk