Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

iOS 8.4 update question

Reaction score
Hi guys,

i did a search but i couldn't find anything related so im asking on a new post.

Did any of you updated to the new iOS 8.4 version? Did any of you find any problems with the Pilot app?

I have an iPhone 6 and a iPad Mini 2. I mainly use the ipad with the inspire because of the screen size, etc...

I upgraded my iPhone the day 8.4 was released and i had no issues so far. I even tried it at home with the inspire (no flight, only connection and so) but i didn't upgraded the ipad yet.
With all the bugs, problems, etc... that arise after/with every software update im afraid to upgrade my main iOS device. Per example, I read that 8.4 have some issues with the GPS but, again, i don't have them on my iPhone..

The inspire is my working tool right now and i can't afford to have it grounded or not being able to downgrade the ipad to 8.3 if i find any issue with 8.4... :-/

What do you guys think? Any experiences?

Thanks a lot!!

Certainly interested in peoples experiences with this. I am the same, dont want to update yet incase it causes issues as been known in the past, I am having absolutely no issues at all with the version I`m on and with my flight exam coming up soon, I want to keep it like that, will probably update after though.

I upgraded to IOS 8.4. Had 6 flights with it. No issues whatsoever. Can't tell any difference.

With 8.4 you at least cant have someone remotely reboot your device while you're flying anymore :D

I was very impressed with it, range test at 450m was perfect, no break up etc, turn hardware decode off. Will test further when I get more time.

I am about to update to 8.4 as well and JB it , then re-install the 1.2 app. The 1.2 has worked flawless except I had an app crash today on 1.2 while out at 15K feet. Luckily the app started backup but lost my guide line to fly back on. I will do a fresh install of 8.4 and 1.2 firmware and hope that was just an isolated indecent. I have 1.0.2 I can always revert back to!! ;-)

Last edited:
I always fly with hardware decode ON with an iPad Mini 2 and no problems at all. Still on 1.1.2 with iOS 8.4

Yesterday i updated the iPhone 6 to iOS 9 beta 3 just to get a taste of what´s coming. I´ll maybe give it a try with 1.2.0 but surely i won't use it as my main device at all. Too risky using a beta :)

I always fly with hardware decode ON with an iPad Mini 2 and no problems at all. Still on 1.1.2 with iOS 8.4

Yesterday i updated the iPhone 6 to iOS 9 beta 3 just to get a taste of what´s coming. I´ll maybe give it a try with 1.2.0 but surely i won't use it as my main device at all. Too risky using a beta :)

I flew this morning using 1.2.0 on the iOS 9 public beta on an iPad Mini 2. New version app, on beta iOS, not really very smart, but it worked fine. The iOS beta is flaky enough though, that I have not updated my iPhone 6 Plus. I need my iPhone to work right more than my iPad. I should have tried 1.2.0 on my iPhone (8.4), but that thought did not occur to me until after my batteries were all dead. I did sync my flight logs into the iPhone copy of 1.2.0. But that is all. Maybe later.

I have just bought an iPhone 5s and I am unable to load DJI Go pilot app.
The Firmware is 8.4
I get a message saying unable to download as device is incompatible.

MAJOR problem for me as I bought this phone specifically for the App!

I fly an S900 and an Inspire so this really is an issue for me.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Chris

I have just bought an iPhone 5s and I am unable to load DJI Go pilot app.
The Firmware is 8.4
I get a message saying unable to download as device is incompatible.

MAJOR problem for me as I bought this phone specifically for the App!

I fly an S900 and an Inspire so this really is an issue for me.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Chris
The DJI Download page still says iOS 8.0 or later and iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, etc. i have DJO GO 2.0.0 installed on the iPhone 6, iPad Mini 2 and iPad Air 2 under iOS 8.4 without any issues. I would raise your problem directly with DJI.

The DJI Download page still says iOS 8.0 or later and iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, etc. i have DJO GO 2.0.0 installed on the iPhone 6, iPad Mini 2 and iPad Air 2 under iOS 8.4 without any issues. I would raise your problem directly with DJI.
Yes I've done that I'll post the reply when it arrives. Like you I am going off what they say on their website and off the Apps shop on Apple which is it should work perfectly. Fortunately I also have it on my iPad Air which does work perfectly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips