Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Is it over for Inspire 1 ?

Reaction score
I love my inspire 1. It has proven itself to be a very stable platform and has never let me down. I keep it well maintained as it looks as good as the day it left the factory. My only concern is battery price and availability in the UK. I have only found one vendor for a TB48 and they want £200 each! My other choice is used batteries that pop up rarely on auction sites. I wonder if they will be manufactured again? Older power tool and laptop batteries are easily obtained and given the amount of inspire owners out there the demand is evident. I wouldn't consider shelving my inspire if a good supply of decent batteries came on the market. Any one else feel the same?

I love my inspire 1. It has proven itself to be a very stable platform and has never let me down. I keep it well maintained as it looks as good as the day it left the factory. My only concern is battery price and availability in the UK. I have only found one vendor for a TB48 and they want £200 each! My other choice is used batteries that pop up rarely on auction sites. I wonder if they will be manufactured again? Older power tool and laptop batteries are easily obtained and given the amount of inspire owners out there the demand is evident. I wouldn't consider shelving my inspire if a good supply of decent batteries came on the market. Any one else feel the same?

Sounds to me like we will have to get creative an refurb our packs.

Reactions: InspireEagle
yes there is thread somewhere I have seen using batteries from another model that get fitted to the I1 battery cover I saw it recently but stupidly did not book mark it.
found
Battery Mod Info this one is brilliant if you are ok with solder

Last edited:
I purchased new TB48 in black from this place work perfect just a different color from "Very Drone"

DJI Inspire 1 TB48 Intelligent Flight Battery Black
$209.00
Qty: 1 ($209.00 ea)

Reactions: InspireEagle
yes there is thread somewhere I have seen using batteries from another model that get fitted to the I1 battery cover I saw it recently but stupidly did not book mark it.
found
Battery Mod Info this one is brilliant if you are ok with solder
Are you meaning the M600Pro TB48S to Inspire 1 TB48 thread? It’s a little long in the tooth, but does show a quick mod... But it too turned out to require a little sodering too. It was hoped a top swap would be a success, but the IC board (FW ) aren’t the same.

Another angle... I recently purchased my First Phantom, a P4Pv2... ya ya, hard to believe as discontinued, but just curious to own. Still kind-a an awkward looking craft to my eyes... but that another discussion..

Anyway, my point... examining the battery. It’s very similar in size, the gel packs look to be about the same. I thought might be a path, then realized P4P is a 4S, not a 6S Iipo. Urrg!

Has anyone else come across a similar sized 6S gel pack?

I'm disappointed that DJI have discontinued them. The last brand new Inspire 1 that sold couldn't have been too long ago. The packs and moulds must be out there somewhere in China. Also the Chinese are very clever at replicating so I'm surprised not to see well known auction sites full of them! Perhaps DJI have a very strict code in copyrights to stop dodgy packs entering the market. I totally get this but thought that they would have continued production of the battery packs for longer themselves. I'll hang onto my inspire as long as I can in the hope that spares and batteries don't dry up as it's perfect for my needs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THE FLYING LIZARD