Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Is it time to Move Up to the Inspire 2?

Reaction score
Happy Easter all!
Yesterday, flying at the Lake Michigan shore in high winds, I cut it too close to the trees and of course I had a catastrophic fuselage event. My beloved Phantom 4 Pro..ugg ..... pictures attached.
Questions:
1) can this be fixed by DJI? Or another fixit?
2) if not, do I wait for the P5, or should I just bust for the Mavic Pro 2? Pictures are equally important to me as video.
3) should I get crazy and go for an Inspire 2?

I really would like to get the props out of the picture when flying fast in wind at the Lakeshore. I also fly off our boat.

0c72b3206c3c2bcc36669a9077bb2d35.jpg
80e8c8eae3a0564e80f1466a360316f4.jpg
e5d6a145d933fb5d95d65ebed5d456eb.jpg

My back up right now is a P4.
Really appreciate your sound counsel...
Best to all, Justin

Happy Easter all!
Yesterday, flying at the Lake Michigan shore in high winds, I cut it too close to the trees and of course I had a catastrophic fuselage event. My beloved Phantom 4 Pro..ugg ..... pictures attached.
Questions:
1) can this be fixed by DJI? Or another fixit?
2) if not, do I wait for the P5, or should I just bust for the Mavic Pro 2? Pictures are equally important to me as video.
3) should I get crazy and go for an Inspire 2?

I really would like to get the props out of the picture when flying fast in wind at the Lakeshore. I also fly off our boat.

0c72b3206c3c2bcc36669a9077bb2d35.jpg
80e8c8eae3a0564e80f1466a360316f4.jpg
e5d6a145d933fb5d95d65ebed5d456eb.jpg

My back up right now is a P4.
Really appreciate your sound counsel...
Best to all, Justin
Ouch, I'm really sorry to hear bad news ... Repair such severely damaged bird will cost you probably too much to support such decision. Naturally mighty Inspire 2 with X5S gimbal and decent collection of lenses is definitely the best replacement and upgrade for an avid photo/videographer. It's just a matter of money ... However, hand catching an Inspire while on the boat may be a daunting challenge, no comparison to easy Phantom. Since the release of Phantom 5 remains unknown, excellent Mavic 2 Pro will be your best bet for now to get similar performance.

Last edited:
I think the Mavic 2 Pro would be a step down from the P4P image quality wise, specially when it comes to video, I think a used P4P in the mean time unless you are ready to take the plunge into I2 money land

Sorry to hear about this! That's never fun. DJI is discontinuing the Phantom serious to focus on other series, you might have luck sending it in to DJI for a possible repair. Like what was mentioned above a Mavic 2 Pro would certainly be a good replacement, but so would an Inspire 2 if you are wanting to spend the extra money and have additional features. We have several options available and can help you out with any questions you have as well.
Thanks,
Cody

Other than your wish to operate from a boat I would strongly recommend the I2 if your budget will cover it.

However, from experience, I have found that the I2 is more susceptible to compass error than the Mavic 2 Pro and unlink the Mavic, the I2 will not allow you to arm the motors with a compass error, which can make it completely unusable on some steel hulled vessels.

Sorry to hear about this! That's never fun. DJI is discontinuing the Phantom serious to focus on other series, you might have luck sending it in to DJI for a possible repair. Like what was mentioned above a Mavic 2 Pro would certainly be a good replacement, but so would an Inspire 2 if you are wanting to spend the extra money and have additional features. We have several options available and can help you out with any questions you have as well.
Thanks,
Cody

Is it still possible to get an x4s camera?

Is it still possible to get an x4s camera?
Not sure. I've got one but only use it occassionally. If you were to only get x4s you would achieve very similar IQ with Phantom 4 or Mavic 2 Pro which both have 1" sensor. Mavic having 28mm lens and Phantom4 and x4s 24mm FF equivalent lens.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont