Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!
Underscoring hardware updates...wait 8 months for this to evolve...then buy.
That's a great point. However, I don't believe the greatest flaw (The Audio) is going to be addressed in that amount of time. I have a sneaky suspicion that when you are using the app it is actually recording the audio with your mobile device to the reference file it creates in the DJIGo App. The reason I say that is because when you pull down the file from the card the audio is a million times worse.

That's a great point. However, I don't believe the greatest flaw (The Audio) is going to be addressed in that amount of time. I have a sneaky suspicion that when you are using the app it is actually recording the audio with your mobile device to the reference file it creates in the DJIGo App. The reason I say that is because when you pull down the file from the card the audio is a million times worse.

But if you want serious sound, so use a good external microphone.

It does not matter if you have a Canon 1DX or DJI OSMO, it will be just as bad sound in both their built-in microphones.
And both have a microphone input, so use it.. ;)

I have to agree that the sound is pretty brutal, but the image is really fantastic. The below shots of the Hong Kong harbour at night sold me on the stick.

Search - hong kong harbour

I also have an external Nikon mic, but there is no real way to attach it to the Osmo. That is my biggest complaint at this stage.

Cheers

Patrice

If you are serious about sound use an external audio recorder and hand clap sync at the start of each scene.

Reactions: m00se
I have had mine for a week. The audio is as bad as everyone says it is. Having said that, I haven't needed the audio for much. It seems to do well with a source of sound in front of the mic but not what is behind it so it has been useful for some ambient sound of a water fall but not much else. The picture quality is as good as an inspire so it has a lot of potential for adding to videos that are captured with the Inspire or a Phantom and have begun adding some shots to video I have already done with my Phantom.
I think the point is, whether you decide to be an early or late adopter, is that this will be another tool in your box when you are trying to tell a story with your videos. There are just some places you can't or it isn't safe to fly but you can walk around with your Osmo. Street and crowd scenes come to mind.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo