Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Is the DJI service center closed?

Reaction score
Has anyone received a response from DJI's North American service center in the last 30 days? I have an X5S camera that needs replacement and I get no response from DJI. I've been reading that they laid off most of their service center staff because of Covid 19.

Yes, I called and was on hold for over two hours. The chat service just directs me to the DJI support email address. I talked with a DJI retailer and he confirmed that DJI is not responding to after-sales service inquiries. So basically DJI refresh care is out of commission right now. Very frustrating!

Yes, I called and was on hold for over two hours. The chat service just directs me to the DJI support email address. I talked with a DJI retailer and he confirmed that DJI is not responding to after-sales service inquiries. So basically DJI refresh care is out of commission right now. Very frustrating!
When I get a chance I will email Ed Windham who heads up North America Service - see if I can find out what’s going on.
If I don’t hear anything I’ll give him a call and report back.

OK - I’ve emailed Ed, so let’s see what he says.

If not, I‘ll give his cell a try.

The main DJI facility in Cerritos, CA has faced some partial closures due to COVID, but they have shifted some operations to TX where there have not been "safer at home" orders. Have you emailed [email protected]? We have not had any issues getting DJI support involved to assist on support, warranty, repair cases lately.

OK - I’ve emailed Ed, so let’s see what he says.

If not, I‘ll give his cell a try.

Ed is no longer at DJI as of a few months ago.

Reactions: The Editor
The main DJI facility in Cerritos, CA has faced some partial closures due to COVID, but they have shifted some operations to TX where there have not been "safer at home" orders. Have you emailed [email protected]? We have not had any issues getting DJI support involved to assist on support, warranty, repair cases lately.

Ed is no longer at DJI as of a few months ago.

Yes I emailed [email protected]

Here is the response I received. This was on Wednesday July 15th. Nothing since then.

Dear Tom,
Thank you for contacting DJI.
Your request has been received.
Following the County of Los Angeles "Safer at Home Order For Control of COVID-19" and the Executive Order from the State of California to stay at home, and in following the guidance on how to prevent the spread of COVID-19 from the California Department of Public Health, we regret to inform you that we have decided to minimize our repair operations in California. Some product repairs and shipment times are expected to be delayed or suspended. Thank you for your understanding and support.
Note: Missing items from Mavic Air 2 Package, kindly check the link below first.
https://crm-robot.djicdn.com/f6fb8e5a8c75404492e7b10bd467cbe2.png
You may also reach us via online chat service at DJI Support – Here for You – DJI
(Business hours: Monday to Friday, from 07:00 to 17:00 PST)
Thank you for choosing DJI.
Best regards,
DJI
YouTube: DJI Tutorials

Is there some secret backdoor into DJI support? I was on hold for another 2 hours today with no ability to talk to a real person.
The online chat service is also down!

Attachments

• dji_char mes.jpg
    dji_char mes.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 4
fusedbrain, do you need to talk to someone? Have you sent it in already?

I was told by a factory approved repair shop to send it to DJI and just do everything online. That DJI service is focused on getting things done, therefore will not be responding via phone or chat.

Coincidentally, it seems I'm in the same boat as you, but here's what I did:
7/13 - submitted case to DJI online. Received pre-paid shipping label almost immediately
7/14 - shipped X5S to DJI
7/20 - recieved by DJI
7/21 - case updated this morning with "It will take 1-3 working days to conduct damage assessment. Please wait patiently."

So, it feels like things are moving along for me. Fingers crossed...

four, thanks for the info. The problem seems to be that I'm up in Canada. If I go to the support site and put in that I'm in the States I get the same information you provided. If I put in the information that I'm in Canada I can't get support. I guess DJI has given up on us Canadians trying to use our refresh care during Covid 19. Thanks, everyone for helping me figure this out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu