Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Is there someone with an I1 in Galicia?

Reaction score
Edited by moderator - Please post in English

Is there someone with an I1 in Galicia?
I have a problem with mine that does not see video or telemetry in the two comtrollers that I have.
I would like to know if someone could help me

regards

Last edited by a moderator:
well , you now know one, but his video doesnt work :)

No. But you don't need a person to physically be there to solve these problems. That's just laziness. If you post more information, you might get an answer here. I could ask you a half dozen questions to get to the bottom of this, but I'm not going to do that. Exercise some diligence, post full details of how and when this all started, what you did, etc., and you'll probably get an answer.

D

Reactions: slim.slamma
well donnie feel free to view the threads that have been on here since feb about the issues, then you can see waht ive done to try fix it, then you can be quiet and stop jumping to conclusions. literally all the info is in other threads, and ive started a new one as the only remaining option i can see is to get in touch with someone with a working system.

well donnie feel free to view the threads that have been on here since feb about the issues, then you can see waht ive done to try fix it, then you can be quiet and stop jumping to conclusions. literally all the info is in other threads, and ive started a new one as the only remaining option i can see is to get in touch with someone with a working system.

Not our job to "hunt" for YOUR information, amigo. Copy and paste your other information here, or link to the threads. Don't be so lazy and maybe you'll get an answer. Another good trick is to post in the subject header "Second attempt...." At least this lets everyone know that you have tried to get an answer before.

So the same advice holds; Exercise some diligence, and you may get an answer. Sending forum members on an Easter Egg hunt will not an answer get. Don't believe me? Let's keep an eye on this thread over the next month. I look forward to post number 3...or 4...on the same subject.

Good luck.

D

Donnie, I really dont care what you think, I have been looking for a solution for several months, nothing has worked,
this thread is purely to see if by chance someone local has one, as you dont then really your input isnt really needed any longer.

Donnie, I really dont care what you think, I have been looking for a solution for several months, nothing has worked,
this thread is purely to see if by chance someone local has one, as you dont then really your input isnt really needed any longer.

Nothing? What have you tried? Which components have you eliminated as the culprit?

D

ive tried several cables, several phones, different versions of the software,
on the original controller it wont update via usb, and no usb connectivity other than the phone saying its charging,
the new controller wil bind , so the firmware must be a closer version to the aircraft, but other than that the symptoms are the same,
ive tried a p3 controller and the phones and cables all work with it to at least auto open the app when connected.

ive tried several cables, several phones, different versions of the software,

Okay...good you eliminated these things.

on the original controller it wont update via usb, and no usb connectivity other than the phone saying its charging,

Question: The controller has two USB ports on the back. When you say "won't update via USB," are you talking about the Type A USB port? Or the Type B Micro USB port?

You say, "The phone says it's charging." So can I assume that the Type A USB port is functioning? Because if this is the case, you don't update or rollback the controller firmware via the micro USB port. Updates and rollbacks are done via the Type A USB port. Please clarify.

Also, which firmware version is your controller running? v1.6 or v1.7? It's important, and MAY be the source of your problems.

Also, do you remember which Firmware version your Inspire 1 is running? This is also important information to have.

the new controller wil bind , so the firmware must be a closer version to the aircraft, but other than that the symptoms are the same,

Okay...this is good news, as now you can go to the "About" page to find out exactly which firmware versions you are using. If memory serves, RC FW v1.6 will work up to AC FW v1.09.xx.xx. Once you go past AC FW v1.10.xx.xx, you must run RC FW v1.7.

Please look at your about page and report back your FW versions.

ive tried a p3 controller and the phones and cables all work with it to at least auto open the app when connected.

I think you did a good job eliminating the phone and/or cables as the culprit.

Are you running iOS or Android?

All this information is important to troubleshooting and ultimately solving your connection issues.

D

Last edited:
hi,
the USB B mini port shows up as a serial port when connected to a PC.
the USB A port (from which i try to update) has no signs of life other than the phone showing the charging symbol on the battery icon, when I enter the app the about page is blank, there is no way to tell which firmware is being run on either remote.

the drone was updated with the latest firmware as of Feb 09. I cant see it at the moment as I cannot access the app. maybe i could find a file on the SD card?

if you know a way to showup the firmare versions with zero app conenctivity then I will take a look.

All I can do at the moment is arm motors etc but completely blind, I have travelled 6000km since the last flight, so i guess the compass needs calibrating, so Im really stuck without even being able to make a battery cycle/training flight until I can get the app to work

hi,
the USB B mini port shows up as a serial port when connected to a PC.
the USB A port (from which i try to update) has no signs of life other than the phone showing the charging symbol on the battery icon,

So for the purposes of this conversation I think it's safe to assume your USB A port is dead (or at least partially dead).

Here's the thing that's really bothering me about this whole thing. The Inspire 1 controller does NOT charge the iPad or iPhone. So it's VERY odd that you're getting the charging icon.

I've gone back through this entire thread and nowhere can I find clarification if this is an Inspire 1 or Inspire 2. *I* have specifically mentioned the Inspire 1 at least once. Are we talking about an Inspire 2 here????

when I enter the app the about page is blank, there is no way to tell which firmware is being run on either remote.

Again, going back looking for clarification if you're opening the Go App or the Go 4 App, I can find none. All I can find is "the app." Please clarify if we're talking about an Inspire 1 here or an Inspire 2.

the drone was updated with the latest firmware as of Feb 09.

That was a decade ago. So I assume you're running legacy firmware...<:^0 OR....maybe you mean to type "Feb 19???"

I cant see it at the moment as I cannot access the app. maybe i could find a file on the SD card?

Not for the Inspire 1. I have no idea with the Inspire 2.

if you know a way to showup the firmare versions with zero app conenctivity then I will take a look.

Not for the Inspire 1. I have no idea with the Inspire 2.

All I can do at the moment is arm motors etc but completely blind, I have travelled 6000km since the last flight, so i guess the compass needs calibrating, so Im really stuck without even being able to make a battery cycle/training flight until I can get the app to work

You don't need the Go App to calibrate the compass on the Inspire 1. All you have to do is move PAF switch back and forth 4 or 5 times to go into Compass Calibration mode. Then simply take cue from the LED on the back of the Inspire 1. Instructions are all over the Internet.

The fact that you're getting a charging icon makes me believe you have an Inspire 2. I don't own an Inspire 2 so I can't be of much help in that regard.

Do you have FPV goggles? Does the HDMI port on your Remote Controller work?

D

the thread title says I1.
im talking about the usb A port

the controller i got from fleabay turns out to have been stored for 6 months and not tested before being sent, considering mine was also in long term storage, i suspect that there is something dodgy going on with the controllers when they arent used.

the thread title says I1.

Touché.

im talking about the usb A port

You say you're getting a charging icon. The Inspire 1 controller does NOT charge the device. So the seller clearly sent the WRONG controller. Problem solved.

the controller i got from fleabay turns out to have been stored for 6 months and not tested before being sent, considering mine was also in long term storage, i suspect that there is something dodgy going on with the controllers when they arent used.

Perhaps. I would look for corrosion on your old controller's USB pins. The eBay controller is the wrong controller, as Inspire 1 controllers do NOT provide a charging current for the device.

Instead of using the Go App to connect to the eBay controller, try using the Go 4 App. If you're using an Apple device, you're automatically given an error screen that you're using the wrong app. I can't speak for Android.

Problem solved.

D

You say you're getting a charging icon. The Inspire 1 controller does NOT charge the device. So the seller clearly sent the WRONG controller. Problem solved.

Perhaps. I would look for corrosion on your old controller's USB pins. The eBay controller is the wrong controller, as Inspire 1 controllers do NOT provide a charging current for the device.
I have a charging icon appear, but havent tested if it charges, this behaviour is however the same for both controllers, it cant be the case that I1 controllers dont do this, as the original is defo an I1 controller.

Ive looked for corrosion on all pins, cleaned all ribbons with 97% alcohol and even lightly sanded the usb pins, no difference.

I tried the HDMI output on both controllers the other day and nothign is there either.

is there any way to check the video signal etc is actually leaving the bird?
although at this point im assuming its simply a comms issue between the controller and phone.
The iphone 6 has had ios updated since it was a known working phone, so perhaps the new ios isnt compatible? perhaps the android phone I have isnt compatible?
im trying to get a known working ipad and phone to test with.

I have a charging icon appear, but havent tested if it charges, this behaviour is however the same for both controllers, it cant be the case that I1 controllers dont do this, as the original is defo an I1 controller.

That interesting and weird. I have 3 iPads. When plugged into the P4P, clearly they are charging. When plugged into the Mavic Pro or the Inspire 1, clearly they are not.

Here's a screen shot of my Air Pro Gen 3. My other two iPads - an Air 1 and an Air Pro Gen 2 - net the same icon.

You should screen shot your iPad so I can see what your icon looks like. I'm running iOS 12 on all 3 iPads. The two older iPads are running iOS 12.1.xx and the newer one (in the screen shot) is running the latest iOS 12.3.1.

Ive looked for corrosion on all pins, cleaned all ribbons with 97% alcohol and even lightly sanded the usb pins, no difference.

At this point I would open up the controller and look for internal issues like corrosion or burned components on the PCB.

I tried the HDMI output on both controllers the other day and nothign is there either.

The HDMI port can be tricky. How are you testing it? Are you testing it with a known-to-be-working set up? Like FPV Goggles, for instance? Even if the bird isn't connecting to the RC, you should still get telemetry icons on the screen.

is there any way to check the video signal etc is actually leaving the bird?

Not really. LightBridge™ is a proprietary Tx protocol.

although at this point im assuming its simply a comms issue between the controller and phone.

If you get the green light on the controller, then your controller is connected to the bird. Otherwise, no.

The iphone 6 has had ios updated since it was a known working phone, so perhaps the new ios isnt compatible?

Not likely. My first iPad - the Air 1 - started off on iOS 9, I believe. Everything has worked well from iOS 9 up to today's latest iOS.

perhaps the android phone I have isnt compatible?

Possibly. But that wouldn't explain why your iPads don't connect. Which iOS version does your phone run?

im trying to get a known working ipad and phone to test with.

Switching out components with a known-to-be-working rig is really the best troubleshooter. Maybe take out an ad in craigslist to find another Inspire 1 in Galacia.

Wish I could be of more help.

D

the non working phone is an iphone 65 on ios 12 something.
I got nothing on the TV when connected to HDMI. nothing at all, just a no signal message.

I have opened the first remote, and found no sign of corrosion or burnt components etc, nothign smelled burned.

corrosion was my first suspicion considering the controller sat for over 12 months without being used.

the ebay controller binds to the bird fine, it must have a more modern firmware, the original controller has ancient firmware from 24 months or so ago, and wont bind correcrtly, the light flashes red and green, and only lets me control the camera, not arm motors.

still, if nothin else the ebay controller has allowed me to arm motors and do some battery cycles, at least i know the batteries arent totally dead, they still give over 10 mins flight time, so they will be useable if and when i get the video issue sorted .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palakkhanna1