Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Issue shipping from overseas

Reaction score
Hello everyone...I'm new to this forum but not new to drones. I'm hoping someone might have a suggestion as I've not come across this before! I recently purchased an Inspire from someone in Australia, and it's a really good deal. I live in the US. Unfortunately, the person I purchased from has been completely unable to find a way to ship the entire package because she's being told the batteries are hazardous material. The Australian post office said no, FedEx said no. She's trying TNT, but haven't heard back yet. Does anyone have any experience with overseas battery shipping? Also note that they're even saying she can't ship the remotes. Any suggestions?

Hello everyone...I'm new to this forum but not new to drones. I'm hoping someone might have a suggestion as I've not come across this before! I recently purchased an Inspire from someone in Australia, and it's a really good deal. I live in the US. Unfortunately, the person I purchased from has been completely unable to find a way to ship the entire package because she's being told the batteries are hazardous material. The Australian post office said no, FedEx said no. She's trying TNT, but haven't heard back yet. Does anyone have any experience with overseas battery shipping? Also note that they're even saying she can't ship the remotes. Any suggestions?
Well documented for a number of years regarding the issues of shipping (domestically or internationally) higher capacity lithium polymer batteries - especially those over 100Wh.

FYI (although UK, the same regulations apply) - Shipping Lithium Batteries - FedEx | United Kingdom

Well documented for a number of years regarding the issues of shipping (domestically or internationally) higher capacity lithium polymer batteries - especially those over 100Wh.

FYI (although UK, the same regulations apply) - Shipping Lithium Batteries - FedEx | United Kingdom

Thanks for prompt reply! Quick question...according to my calcs, the TB50 batteries are <100Wh (4280mAh @22.8V = 97.6Wh). I assume same rules apply? Also FYI, apparently Aus is a bit more sensitive, but I'll pass this along and keep my fingers crossed! Cheers!

Every country is different but one thing I've always seen on packages carrying batteries was the symbol for shipping explosive or fire hazardous batteries. I know the batteries should be discharged pretty low in order to transport as well. For the controller, I've never heard of issues with that before.

There are some companies that offer "hazardous goods delivery", i have recently bought some batteries from a shop in Germany and they offered me DPD as the only company that can do that.

Thanks for the info! Much appreciated. Quick update...got the drone and all batteries through FedEx...though all was good until FedEx sent me a bill for $1k for Custom’s Duty...Frack! Disputing it, but holy cow, between the shipping woes and this it’s kinda taking the shine off my hobby!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop