Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Johnson Canyon

Reaction score
This is the first video from my trip last week. Not far from Kanab Utah is Johnson Canyon that winds along a dry river bed with sandstone formations on both sides.

This video is admittedly quite long but my goal was to display the area and the constantly changing light required that long shot. I also like the car that travels towards and then away giving perspective to the scene. The thing that caught my attention to the area was the tree and its shadow against the lemon yellow sandstone wall -- I made that the final scene of the video...

There are a couple artifacts I need to get a handle of: there is a kind of color breathing that I suspect is due to using AWB and not locking the white balance. The other artifact occurs about the 6:10 mark appears as though the frame is being split apart -- not sure what caused that.

Video was shot in manual mode at about f/5.6, ISO100, 60fps with the video being 4K at 30fps. I was also using a 4-stop ND filter. Early on I was shooting at 4K at 24fps but I think 30fps makes for smoother looking video.

Brian

Reactions: slim.slamma
Lovely area. I've shot around Coral Pink dunes on a number of occasions.

Yes, all of southern Utah is amazing. Johnson Canyon is just one of those places most people never know is there as they drive between Kanab and Page.

Brian

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg