Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Jostick for drones. Good idea?

Hello again Scott, since our last emails,,,
Inquiry:
There doesn't appear to be a wireless provision for dji crystalsky. So early in the product life cycle is wired and BT the only provisions for android based devices?? I like the video feed performance of cs as much if not more than the 1000 lut brightness.
I'm not picking on ya, I'm on bedrest and ran out of people to bother. AND the product launch got me excited. I continue to fly rc helis(nothing like Tareq) and drones. All said to say, for about a season I flew 3d helis with a single stick JR with some success.
The multi time world champion Curtis Youngblood"also modified his radios jr and futaba alike to single stick configuration. Needless to say he was more successful with it than me.
Other than cs concerns noted above the product and technology have peaked my interest.

Best of luck and b well

Quick update from Fluidity for our international pilot friends: we've been able to extend shipment to many other countries in the world (where our FCC and CE certification are accepted, and the USPS can deliver). For our international pilot friends, please check out:

Update 2: FT Aviator Now Available to More Countries · FT Aviator: A Revolutionary Single-Handed Drone Controller

In other good news, we're now at 80% and counting, with 20 days left in the campaign - so we're on a roll and will easily make our mark. We're already cutting steel on our injection molding tools, sourcing components and looking forward to getting the FT Aviator in your hands.

Enjoy the skies,
Scott

I find the description "Single-Handed" drone controller interesting as your all of your advertisemnet pictures seems to contradict that.View attachment 23006View attachment 23005
Hi RMB, Fair statement, and apologize for the confusion. One of the main reasons we launched via Kickstarter was to get early customer feedback on not only our product, but on our messaging (we're not using the funds to build tooling or to bring our product to life - we're well past that). The FT Aviator is in fact stabilized with your non-dominant hand, or perhaps placed on a tripod if you're so inclined. What we should have more clearly reflected in our messaging is that we put flight control into one hand - as opposed to the more iterative method of flying that results from using two thumbs/two joysticks. You're directly controlling your velocity vector with a single integrated joystick, and the freedom it gives you is really quite remarkable.

Reactions: licensed pilot
So after watching the video and how you have to hold it with your non dominant hand, I jut can’t see how this would be comfortable to use given the angle you would have to hold your wrist in order to hold the joystick with it right at your belly. Look at the front on picture above and the angle the of the guys wrist that is holding the joystick. Now hold your dominant hand in a similar position and you’ll find it to be a very awkward and uncomfortable feeling.

Most joystick aircraft, the joystick is either off to one side and you use that hand for the joystick, or the joystick (as in helicopters) is in front of you but 18 inches or so in front of you. To have to hold the controller out 18 inches from your body would be very awkward, not to mention I HAVE actually tried high end joystick flight controller NOT hard mounted to anything and it was IMPOSSIBLE to be precise.

I’m sure some people will enjoy this like some people enjoyed 8 track tapes...

Extensive human factors testing with highly experienced drone pilots as well as novices suggest quite the opposite. Having flown many hours with the FT Aviator, I can add that it allows for extremely precise and intuitive movement through the air, while giving you refined camera controls and situational awareness cues that are lacking in traditional controllers (which far pre-date 8 track tapes, btw...). As a result, the product has been recognized as an Innovation Honoree at the upcoming 2019 Consumer Electronics Show. I hope you'll reserve final judgment and have an opportunity to try the FT Aviator at some future date.

Reactions: licensed pilot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry