Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Just a question about the inspire 1

Reaction score
I purchased an inspire 1 last May. The drone flew wonderfully. One day it was up in the air and was flying around in a circle. Yes I did all of my pre flight tests and worked out perfectly. I was able to gain control but the drone decided to fly in ATTI mode all by itself. My question for anyone is I am thinking about purchasing a new Inspire 1 but a little nervous that this will happen again. What can I do differently? Do fly aways happen frequently? Is there a way that I can choose Atti mode in the flight simulator so I can get practice on this?

Assuming all your firmware v1.3.0.00 and Go app v2.1.0 are up-to-date.
Switching to ATTI mode without imput sounds like the old bug in a early firmware.
A quick fix is to re-install the app and check ipad 2 software is up-to-date.
In the flight simulator you can test all setting including atti mode.

I purchased an inspire 1 last May. The drone flew wonderfully. One day it was up in the air and was flying around in a circle. Yes I did all of my pre flight tests and worked out perfectly. I was able to gain control but the drone decided to fly in ATTI mode all by itself. My question for anyone is I am thinking about purchasing a new Inspire 1 but a little nervous that this will happen again. What can I do differently? Do fly aways happen frequently? Is there a way that I can choose Atti mode in the flight simulator so I can get practice on this?
If your I1 is flying oddly without stick inputs, you should carry out a calibration of your RC to ensure that there is no output from your centred sticks. Also do a fresh IMU and compass calibration.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Editor
what he said, ^ also do not move the inspire when you first turn the power on while the camera is spinning, this sets a baseline for the sensors and if moved during this phase will cause erratic flight.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo