Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Just finished our first edit with the Inspire 2 and ronin-m. Thoughts?

Reaction score
We're happy with how it turned out, but are looking for some constructive feedback as we go forward. We ran the x5s and used a sony a7s ii for the ground shots.

Also, anyone have any reccommendations on how to grow a YouTube video? We want to provide some basic social media marketing for our clients so the videos we make produce the results they are looking for. I heard that posting on relevant forums is good but I don't want to feel like I'm spamming. This seems like a beneficial place to post since we're interested in getting some helpful feedbakc. Thanks in advance

We're happy with how it turned out, but are looking for some constructive feedback as we go forward. We ran the x5s and used a sony a7s ii for the ground shots.

Also, anyone have any reccommendations on how to grow a YouTube video? We want to provide some basic social media marketing for our clients so the videos we make produce the results they are looking for. I heard that posting on relevant forums is good but I don't want to feel like I'm spamming. This seems like a beneficial place to post since we're interested in getting some helpful feedbakc. Thanks in advance
Nice edit, only one thing.... where are the ladies? A few splashed in here and there, like sprinkles on a ice cream cone would have helped! :D

Reactions: slim.slamma
Good point! Only one girl turned up for the shoot and of course all the shots we got of her didn't turn out so great :( Thanks for the response!

just a thought if you dont mind, my initial impression was that there was not much emphasis on the Goggles more on the bikes flying around?
Thanks for your response, I agree. The goal was to make the video surround the dirt biking community at the track and the goggles would be strategically placed within that, but we kind of missed the mark. I think there wasn't enough of a 'community' feel to it, and we definitely could have got some better shots of the goggles.

Pretty cool, I just think you needed to link the goggles more as well, and capture more of the emotion/fun of riding as well as the prep. You have lots of shots of dudes ripping around the track, but you stick mainly wide and it starts to get repetitive after a while.
For example that drone shot you have of the guys shaking hands at the beginning, that begs for a slow-mo closeup shot. Same with the guys prepping the bikes, getting geared up, latching their boots. Slow mo closeups of that stuff goes a long way, you want to build towards a payoff. Then the final piece of prep is the goggles. Guy takes the goggles off his handlebars and puts them on, focuses in on the track and peels out with a rooster tail.

I just think that prep work is missing, and that's how you link the goggles, it's the last step but some might say the most important (putting the goggles on). Then more of human side of things, the fun factor from being in a team of riders, people smiling, high fiving, shaking hands etc., but also the focused determination of prepping the bike and being prepared to race the track.

That probably doesn't make a lot of sense but that's why I didn't really connect with it beyond thinking wow these guys can ride pretty well. In a brand video you want to link the brand with the lifestyle associated with that brand - hardcore riders who like to have fun and tear up the track - instead of just having cool shots to music.

Pretty cool, I just think you needed to link the goggles more as well, and capture more of the emotion/fun of riding as well as the prep. You have lots of shots of dudes ripping around the track, but you stick mainly wide and it starts to get repetitive after a while.
For example that drone shot you have of the guys shaking hands at the beginning, that begs for a slow-mo closeup shot. Same with the guys prepping the bikes, getting geared up, latching their boots. Slow mo closeups of that stuff goes a long way, you want to build towards a payoff. Then the final piece of prep is the goggles. Guy takes the goggles off his handlebars and puts them on, focuses in on the track and peels out with a rooster tail.

I just think that prep work is missing, and that's how you link the goggles, it's the last step but some might say the most important (putting the goggles on). Then more of human side of things, the fun factor from being in a team of riders, people smiling, high fiving, shaking hands etc., but also the focused determination of prepping the bike and being prepared to race the track.

That probably doesn't make a lot of sense but that's why I didn't really connect with it beyond thinking wow these guys can ride pretty well. In a brand video you want to link the brand with the lifestyle associated with that brand - hardcore riders who like to have fun and tear up the track - instead of just having cool shots to music.
Yeah I agree, we definitely needed more of the 'feel good' shots in there as well as a bit better promotion for the goggles. Thanks for your feedback!

Helmet cam with extension arm looking back at the goggles while doing MX stunts.o_O
Yeah we were hoping to get a 360 cam for this shoot and do exactly that!! Was just another expense though and we've been spending like craazy recently to get the gear for what we need so we made the call to hold off for a bit. Next time!

Nice work. A suggestion would be to use some closer to the rider aerial shots if you have them. Showing the big high wide is great, but tracking along close with the rider, or doing an opposing shots to give a better feel of speed could punch it up a bit.
I work for a network car show and we use these techniques all the time and they almost always make it to the finial cut.
Otherwise, like I said good work.

The shots and grade look good. I have two recommendations for you:

1. More goggles - already been stated, but is worth mentioning again. Skydog's suggestion would have been awesome!
2. Get rid of the letter-boxing. During sports/action shots, they just don't look good. They are so big in your video that I felt like I was trying to look under/over them.

All and all, nicely done and it looks like a lot of fun.

The shots and grade look good. I have two recommendations for you:

1. More goggles - already been stated, but is worth mentioning again. Skydog's suggestion would have been awesome!
2. Get rid of the letter-boxing. During sports/action shots, they just don't look good. They are so big in your video that I felt like I was trying to look under/over them.

All and all, nicely done and it looks like a lot of fun.
Thanks I appreciate the feedback! I think you're right, we got a bit carried away with the letter-boxing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop