Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Just got my Inspire. Did I get a used one?

Reaction score
Okay, I just received my Inspire 1. I open the box and the first obvious thing I notice is a few of the goodies inside the case weren't in their set place. They looked like they were either put in carelessly or they were dislodged somehow during shipping. Also, the prop locking mechanism was already assembled but according to the DJI video(s), this assembly process needs to be done upon initial opening.

So I'm wondering if this is normal or did I get a used bird?

Okay, I just received my Inspire 1. I open the box and the first obvious thing I notice is a few of the goodies inside the case weren't in their set place. They looked like they were either put in carelessly or they were dislodged somehow during shipping. Also, the prop locking mechanism was already assembled but according to the DJI video(s), this assembly process needs to be done upon initial opening.

I'm sure you have a new bird. I ordered mine in April and it arrived with the QR props attached.
As for the items seemingly packed badly, that is a possibility. However, if you imported the i1 then customs may have opened the boxing for inspection. They are not the tidiest in re packing.
Enjoy your new Inspire. It's an amazing aircraft.

I'm sure you have a new bird. I ordered mine in April and it arrived with the QR props attached.
As for the items seemingly packed badly, that is a possibility. However, if you imported the i1 then customs may have opened the boxing for inspection. They are not the tidiest in re packing.
Enjoy your new Inspire. It's an amazing aircraft.
Correction: QR mounting blocks, not props obviously

The camera box was slightly opened when I got mine... your remote should be covered in film wrap and your Inspire 1 should go through a registration process.

Yeah, the remote was covered in plastic so I guess I'm worrying for nothing. I just have very high expectations for a $3K aircraft.

Where did you buy it? I bought mine directly from DJI. The radio antennas should have been wrapped in plastic too. My props were off but ready for a quick push and a twist to attach.

Was it a store linked to amazon??? Thats a bit scary. I bought 2 3dr iris's at different times, one said it came from Adorama Photo and the other just said Amazon. Did your battery have a film of plastic on it?

You sound a little too paranoid. If you still feel unsure, send it back and get it replaced. Since it came with the QR props, you've received Version D which is the newest version that is currently available.

Not sure if amazon will take it back....they would not take back my iris.

why wouldn't they? I've always had 30 day returns on everything bought and fulfilled through Amazon. (obviously I couldn't return it if something goes wrong and I break it.)

why wouldn't they? I've always had 30 day returns on everything bought and fulfilled through Amazon. (obviously I couldn't return it if something goes wrong and I break it.)
They said the Iris did not qualify for return or exchange. I was in the 30 day period. I figured because it was a drone and could have been crashed, there policy was no returns.

I had a similar experience from an Amazon store I purchased my Inspire from. I talked with DJI support and they confirmed the Inspire and controller were a matched pair and it had not been activated. In the end I kept it but I definitely had concerns as well given a similar experience. DJI did explain to me that any dual remote units like mine are opened by the reseller since all kits are single and some have the second remote inserted.

Where did you buy it? I bought mine directly from DJI. The radio antennas should have been wrapped in plastic too. My props were off but ready for a quick push and a twist to attach.
When you bought yours , how long did it take after it was shipped and did they charge you taxes

We currently have the Inspire 1 V2 and the Inspire 1 Pro in stock and ready to ship now. They both have the latest prop locking hubs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters