Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Latest FW Update for Battery; Don't interrupt it!

Reaction score
Website
www.airnashville.net
For those of you who have yet to update all your TB47/48 batteries, whatever you do, once the process starts, don't interrupt it. I was forced to do this a couple of days ago and it bricked my battery. The battery in question is a TB48 and I'm currently trying to restore it using the LP method. I will post my results but, just a heads up, once it starts, let it finish.

Attachments

• IMG_0658.JPG
    IMG_0658.JPG
    726.6 KB · Views: 34
The battery part of the update takes less than two minutes. I guess the main lesson to take from this is not to interrupt the update process until you hear the "all clear" beeps..

Beeeeeeep, Beep Beep - Short Pause - Beeeeep, Beep Beep

To be fair - you should never interrupt ANY firmware update on anything.
Whether that is your Inspire, your TV, Blu-ray player or even your kettle!
NEVER interrupt a firmware update in process.

I had this problem, You dont need to take it apart.

Just stick the battery in. (my i1 turned on automatically after sticking in the battery) make sure the firmware update is on the sd card, and eventually it will fix itself after running the update again.

Reactions: Dr. Ifly Drones

Just stick the battery in. (my i1 turned on automatically after sticking in the battery) make sure the firmware update is on the sd card, and eventually it will fix itself after running the update again.

There were actually mixed opinions about having to reset the battery. I have a 6 batteries and I had to reset one by taking it apart and allowing it to sit for about an hour (untimed - probably much much sooner) before it would even display any lights.

Holy $h1t it worked! Thanks! I had taken it apart and tried the LP method several times. I put the battery back together and did plug it back into the airframe and it came back to life when it wouldn't even turn on before!

Holy $h1t it worked! Thanks! I had taken it apart and tried the LP method several times. I put the battery back together and did plug it back into the airframe and it came back to life when it wouldn't even turn on before!
Do not even mention it bro. The headaches I've gone through since the update are crazy. (just sent my i1 with x5 back to dji for warranty repairs today) The battery was one of the issues that I was able to resolve. Glad you're good now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcusFalc