Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

LCD Crystalline Thermometer Strip For Batteries

Reaction score
After @eldorado came up with this excellent idea I quickly set about looking for a suitable range strip that might be useable on each battery and can be permanently left attached.

Found these but there maybe more. The thing that is important is a range that covers something like 20 degrees c down to zero and is small enough to stick onto each battery and be easily readable etc.
Although we all have the app that tells us the current temp of the pack this method allows a quick visual indication of pack temp before we even load it into the aircraft.
May order a few and see how they perform

Reversible Liquid Crystal 7 level Horizontal Thermometer, self-adhesive (top one on the page 0-30 degrees)

Or here (cheaper) Colour Changing Products | Color | Eco | Room Thermometers | Thermometer strips | Liquid Crystal | Temperature | Gas level indicator - 0-30°C Liquid Crystal thermometer

Edit: OK - have ordered 4 to be getting on with (from the cheaper website :p). Will see how that goes. If they are great will order the rest if they are poo I won't!

...I quickly set about looking for a suitable range strip that might be useable on each battery and can be permanently left attached...
Found these but there maybe more. The thing that is important is a range that covers something like 20degreesc down to zero and is small enough to stick onto each battery and be easily readable etc...
Fantastic! This is a great solution.
I wonder about a higher range 45ºC to 0ºC as the batteries get pretty hot after running a while and it might help to know when you can store them after they cool down?
...And a battery kept in a hot car is probably as dangerous to fly as a cold one?...​
This LINK goes 40ºC to 10ºC which makes sense as an all season solution? (below 10 warm it up a bit before use?)... We would benefit from the modified specs from DJI. What is the trigger temp for the performance degradation? Assume it's 5C?

Best practice Intelligent Battery management-a continuous improvement project;)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sjoby08