Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Leg antennas.

Reaction score
Is the orientation for these really that critical? This is the way I found them and I have no reason to believe this ac has ever been apart. This started because I thought I had an issue with lose of signal at some distance and turning 90 degrees to the right from launch point. The loss doesn’t become evident until the 90 degree rotation and goes away if you rotate back to facing away from home point. What I’ve read is they should be arrow facing outward. After I corrected the arrows, didn’t seem to make any difference and still get the loss.1B44E5F4-28F7-48E4-9F71-689312A0CC65.jpegCB118671-E396-4327-97DA-F6702536212B.jpeg

Is the orientation for these really that critical? This is the way I found them and I have no reason to believe this ac has ever been apart. This started because I thought I had an issue with lose of signal at some distance and turning 90 degrees to the right from launch point. The loss doesn’t become evident until the 90 degree rotation and goes away if you rotate back to facing away from home point. What I’ve read is they should be arrow facing outward. After I corrected the arrows, didn’t seem to make any difference and still get the loss.View attachment 29521View attachment 29522
I've had signal loss issues like you describe but on Inspire 1. Sometimes it was loosing signal even without rotating to 90 degrees. Recently I've got RF measuring device and measured all antennas and found that those on the left side are emitting much lower strength. I then cut the coaxial cables right above the antennas and carefully resoldered all 4 of them. The result was unbelievable, so far more than 30 flights and not even a glitch, very stable connection and video feed. It's kind of better than when it was new 4 years ago.
I'm not suggesting you to directly do that because it may not be the problem you have. First try to find a service shop or someone who can measure the signal strength so to have a good reference in numbers. Then think off what the problem could be and then decide how to fix it. It could be bad coax cable or even bad connector to the inspires brain. Without the propper measuring equipment you will only be guessing what is happening and does it get improved.

An update.
I was wrong in thinking this aircraft hasn’t been tinkered with. I missed this the other day when I was checking the antennas. Looks like someone did a little repair with a solder gun. Actually, I should use the word “tried” since what was done was wrong. If you look very closely at the center pin, it’s not even touching the board. I’ve ordered some new ones. In the meantime, I will see if my soldering abilities are on par for this. I know I can do better.
D9C18323-BF32-4595-9644-B54EB732A2D0.jpeg393598F2-21A5-408E-BC8F-CD073C2C4A7F.jpeg

Reactions: niki

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207