Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Leg led going out ?

Reaction score
First flight after the newest update one of the leg led's is going on and off and sometimes very dim, sometimes flickers inconsistently like a short.
It seems to fly OK with this but I'm worried about it causing other problems.

First flight after the newest update one of the leg led's is going on and off and sometimes very dim, sometimes flickers inconsistently like a short.
It seems to fly OK with this but I'm worried about it causing other problems.
If that was my aircraft I would not feel happy until I had stripped that leg apart and inspected the solder points in and around that esc.
If it is not reporting an esc failure and it flies OK I would guess the flickering would be caused by a poor/dry solder joint.
Either way - I would check it out.

Reactions: FlyHighUSA
I only flew with that one battery and kept it pretty low just in case some strange started to happen.
If it's just a bad solder joint it will be an easy fix if it's the Esc then it needs to go back to DJI dammmmm.
No errors during that flight and everything seemed to be OK except for the LED so I'm guessing a bad solder to the no errors during that flight and everything seemed to be OK except for the LED so I'm guessing a bad solder to the led.

I only flew with that one battery and kept it pretty low just in case some strange started to happen.
If it's just a bad solder joint it will be an easy fix if it's the Esc then it needs to go back to DJI dammmmm.
No errors during that flight and everything seemed to be OK except for the LED so I'm guessing a bad solder to the no errors during that flight and everything seemed to be OK except for the LED so I'm guessing a bad solder to the led.
Yep sounds like it bad led. You may have said but is your bird still under warranty?

Well I took a look at the connections at the esc to the led and it seems to be in the led
itself that has the short as I can tap my finger on the led and it will come on, turn off
or go dim.
If I had a new led with the 3 wires and plug I would replace it myself as it is just plug and play.
I received another I1 today and the usb port on the new RC is bad so I may just send in both
bird and rc for warranty work. :rolleyes:

Well I took a look at the connections at the esc to the led and it seems to be in the led
itself that has the short as I can tap my finger on the led and it will come on, turn off
or go dim.
If I had a new led with the 3 wires and plug I would replace it myself as it is just plug and play.
I received another I1 today and the usb port on the new RC is bad so I may just send in both
bird and rc for warranty work. :rolleyes:
Wow man that sounds like my kinda luck. It's probably the best idea to just get everything taken care of and go from there. Really sorry man

Nothing worse than a bird setting in your living room just stairing back at you. Drives me nuts.
So true
If I have anything that's not working it drives me nuts as I now its another fix it project that needs to be done.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk