Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

List of known issues - Sticky Thread

No it's a Windows program you run your DNGs through. Download and see for yourself?

REF: Request to slow down the descending speed when the RTH is initiated for AUTO landing....ALL HANDS OFF the sticks...

NOTE: I SENT THIS TO DJI SUPPORT TODAY:

Hello Support, can you Guy's slow down the descending speed when the RTH is initiated? I had the Inspire 1 up at 20 Meters and the landing gear up as well, then when the RTH was commanded, the Inspire 1 lowered the landing gear automatically then landed but the inspire 1 bounced because is was landing to fast. I did not correct in anyway. I allowed the RTH to do all the work.

I am using your latest version .16 on the Inspire 1 and latest IOS 1.0.1 app.

Please note: In general the FW is looking pretty good bit a couple of tweaks would make the product even better!

Thanks and best regards,
Steve

Always landed fine here. What surface were you on? It will descend fast at first but slow down when the sonar gets within range to land smoothly using that info.

REF: Request to slow down the descending speed when the RTH is initiated for AUTO landing....ALL HANDS OFF the sticks...

NOTE: I SENT THIS TO DJI SUPPORT TODAY:

Hello Support, can you Guy's slow down the descending speed when the RTH is initiated? I had the Inspire 1 up at 20 Meters and the landing gear up as well, then when the RTH was commanded, the Inspire 1 lowered the landing gear automatically then landed but the inspire 1 bounced because is was landing to fast. I did not correct in anyway. I allowed the RTH to do all the work.

I am using your latest version .16 on the Inspire 1 and latest IOS 1.0.1 app.

Please note: In general the FW is looking pretty good bit a couple of tweaks would make the product even better!

Thanks and best regards,
Steve

Steve. Thank your for your input. This request has already been requested to DJI. I would like to see it more like the P2's descent rate. That is a decision that we have to leave to DJI.

Steve. Thank your for your input. This request has already been requested to DJI. I would like to see it more like the P2's descent rate. That is a decision that we have to leave to DJI.
Very good and thank you..

Just a suggestion and DJI is going a great job addressing all of the NUSER issues.

Best regards,

Steve

As I mentioned on a previous thread it would be great if DJI published a list of known issues publicly and a roadmap for when they are likely to be fixed.

Not only would this assist owners in safe flight it would also help to reduce bad press because owners could look up the issue, see that it's known and not grant about it online (as I have been tempted to do).

@Tahoe_Ed - I know you said this wouldn't happen but is there no way of suggesting it to the folks that matter at DJI?

As I mentioned on a previous thread it would be great if DJI published a list of known issues publicly and a roadmap for when they are likely to be fixed.

Not only would this assist owners in safe flight it would also help to reduce bad press because owners could look up the issue, see that it's known and not grant about it online (as I have been tempted to do).

@Tahoe_Ed - I know you said this wouldn't happen but is there no way of suggesting it to the folks that matter at DJI?
That will NEVER happen so I wouldn't waste your time.

You are dealing with a culture that find it impossible to admit mistakes in business (it is regarded as a personal failure) - You will not change centuries of tradition.

That will NEVER happen so I wouldn't waste your time.

You are dealing with a culture that find it impossible to admit mistakes in business (it is regarded as a personal failure) - You will not change centuries of tradition.

@The Editor - changing centuries of tradition, that sounds like a challenge ;)

That's a very scary statement when you're talking about flying objects that can fall out of the sky. Progress should not be held up by pride or tradition or your competitors will take advantage and ultimately beat you to the prize! Failing to deliver a good product and service - now that would be a real failure!

this one seems like a purely mechanical/assembly issue but anyway, here's the message I sent to US support today

Happy to say I received the Inspire 1 ordered from B&H on Friday Feb 27. All packaging was intact and showed no sign of damage en-route. I un-boxed and carefully prepped the aircraft today and noticed a mechanical issue having to do with the Gimbal… The gimbal physically rubs when pivoting through 360 degrees horizontal. When removed and manually rotated, its noticeable that there is either a misalignment or something of that nature causing the top and bottom pieces to rub together through about a quarter of a full circle. I checked carefully but found nothing foreign caught in the gimbal mechanism so it has to be a misaligned or improperly assembled unit. I can power up and rotate the camera and all works, but there shouldn't be friction of parts rubbing together as it spins as this puts unnecessary load on the motor. I’m assuming I need to send you the gimbal for replacement. Please advise. B&H are copied on this message as I’m not sure which route I should take to resolve this issue.
P.S. Other than this issue, the Inspire itself appears to be in perfect condition and I look forward to flying and filming with it soon. Nice looking product.

This does not really help with your problem, but I also received mine from B&H on Friday. My gimbal is perfect, completely free of any binding at all. My only remaining problem is all this **** snow! I am in Indiana, and it just won't quit! <sigh>.

this one seems like a purely mechanical/assembly issue but anyway, here's the message I sent to US support today

Happy to say I received the Inspire 1 ordered from B&H on Friday Feb 27. All packaging was intact and showed no sign of damage en-route. I un-boxed and carefully prepped the aircraft today and noticed a mechanical issue having to do with the Gimbal… The gimbal physically rubs when pivoting through 360 degrees horizontal. When removed and manually rotated, its noticeable that there is either a misalignment or something of that nature causing the top and bottom pieces to rub together through about a quarter of a full circle.

sorry to not respond to the curre t topic but does anyone know if DJI will address the midflight motor switch off when pulling down and holding the left stick down? that is in my opinion very dangerous and conserns me. i make extreme caution when descending and take care to go down slow and not to pull down the stick to far but that should be addressed in the next update that you can only switch off motors when both sticks are at 4 and 7 o'clock and start them when both are inwards zmto another... i tested the mid flight motor turn off by holding it in my hand and my cameraman went down with gas eventually turning off motors...
just my thoughts.

It will not turn off with the stick fully down in flight. You simulated it on the ground, which is not appropriate.
The only way to shut off in flight is both sticks in the corners.

Just noticed the Pixels or whatever they are.... Never really blew up the photos before.... I'm hoping that this is correctable via firmware update. The cleaner program does a good job, but they shouldn't be there to begin with.... IMHO!

Pre Clean.jpg Post clean.jpg

Just noticed the Pixels or whatever they are.... Never really blew up the photos before.... I'm hoping that this is correctable via firmware update. The cleaner program does a good job, but they shouldn't be there to begin with.... IMHO!

View attachment 857 View attachment 858

How common are the multi-colored random pixels in still images? I would consider that a major flaw for this class of drone w/camera. Are a lot of people having this problem or just some?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido