Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

List of known issues - Sticky Thread

It only occurs when shooting RAW (DNG) mode. Which is why I assume it's something fixable via Firmware. By running the files through the free cleaner program it gets rid of the issue. A quick and painless process. It really isn't a big deal.... Just more of a nuisance.

OK,

I did ask this and I sent Tahoe Ed a PM but as yet no reply or acknowledgement so thought I would start a thread. Adam - Maybe you could make this a sticky so that people can go to ONE place/thread to get updates on how the situations are progressing (or not) through the DJI R&D pipeline
This is for technical issues only please not for "Where's my Inspire - why haven't I taken delivery of it yet" Or "When will the bigger batteries be in stock" type issues!
This is NOT a DJI bashing exercise but simply a way of gathering what we know and DJI know as issues with the Inspire in one single place.

OK, I'll start off with a list of what I believe are the common known problems.

iOS App - iOA App now appears to be available. As at 13 Feb 2015 v 1.0.1 is the most current.
Sporadic Gimbal Jerk - Is this to be addressed in the next FW update. Do we have an estimation when that will be?
No soft start or soft stop of gimbal tilt - Comes to an abrupt stop/start at the end or beginning of movement. This ruins what would otherwise be a great cinematic shot.
Yaw Issue - I THINK this has now been acknowledged (someone confirm?) again, as above, will it be address in the next FW release?
Sporadic GPS loss - Not technically 'GPS' loss but conflict with the compass (usually straight after take off that results in the craft dropping into Atti - Same question as above re firmware
Loose Arms - Everybody is aware of this ...Is a fix to come via video instructions so as to make it DIY? What is the time frame?
Problems launching from a boat/moving platform - Again, is this being looked for the next firmware release?
Bug in Flight Records re distance and date information for SOME flights - The log reports some flights as thousands of miles or flight made 20 years ago! . Assume will be fixed in next release?
Unable to Auto Bracket via the remote - Only way is with the app. - This has not been fixed with the latest update (v1.0.5)
No AE lock in android app - Again, this feature is imperative for serious videography. Can we expect this in v1.0.6?

If anyone has anything else non delivery/stock related please feel free to add it to this post.

Hopefully it makes sense to get all these issues in one place and hopefully someone from DJI will respond with coherent answers?
I know you and others have referred to my problem but I haven't seen a solution yet and since this thread began there has been a firmware update. I have an Inspire 1 and have had it about a month. I also have a Phantom 2 and it's my 3rd one so I consider myself quite experienced in flying DJI products. Right after takeoff on my Inspire 1, I consistently experience a short loss (about 30 secs to 1 minute) loss of HPS signal. (The green light goes to a white or yellowish color). The Inspire then drifts on its own one way or the other fairly quickly.
I'm used to it happening and quickly steer it back to where I want it and keep it there until it re locks and the green light re appears. Then for the rest of the flight it remains green and locked on. It's quite unnerving and wonder what your advice is? I've updated the firmware to the latest, I always calibrate the compass as well as regularly calibrate the IMU. This has happened in a variety of locations, hundreds of miles apart. I'm just hoping someone might have a solution. Thanks!

I know you and others have referred to my problem but I haven't seen a solution yet and since this thread began there has been a firmware update. I have an Inspire 1 and have had it about a month. I also have a Phantom 2 and it's my 3rd one so I consider myself quite experienced in flying DJI products. Right after takeoff on my Inspire 1, I consistently experience a short loss (about 30 secs to 1 minute) loss of HPS signal. (The green light goes to a white or yellowish color). The Inspire then drifts on its own one way or the other fairly quickly.
I'm used to it happening and quickly steer it back to where I want it and keep it there until it re locks and the green light re appears. Then for the rest of the flight it remains green and locked on. It's quite unnerving and wonder what your advice is? I've updated the firmware to the latest, I always calibrate the compass as well as regularly calibrate the IMU. This has happened in a variety of locations, hundreds of miles apart. I'm just hoping someone might have a solution. Thanks!
Yes, this has been addressed and is fixed in the next release of firmware.
That firmware has now gone to public beta testing and will be released shortly.

Reactions: JER
how can i make my user go active in the official dji forum? i am registered and contqcted dji twice since but did not get any response... as i would like to participate on the beta but cant because from the forum it takes me back to my profile page...

how can i make my user go active in the official dji forum? i am registered and contqcted dji twice since but did not get any response... as i would like to participate on the beta but cant because from the forum it takes me back to my profile page...

I solved my issue. I logged out and back in... unfortunately I missed the deadline (sitting in europe) for the beta testing.. now I hope to still get a spot in the beta group.

no one told me to login again after registration... :(

Yes - you have already posted this HERE
I will ask the same question I asked over on that thread.
Since nobody is going to use the Inspire sitting on the floor (or if they do nobody will care what mode it is in)
What actually happens when you use your Inspire for the purpose it is intended? That would be flying.......
What behaviour does the aircraft exhibit whilst actually airborne which is the purpose of an aircraft?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop