Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Location of flight data SC card (MC Data Error)

Reaction score
I've been getting the consistent MC Data Error (full/problematic flight recorder error) for months now and would like to clear it once and for all.

I've read this can be done by formatting or replacing the SD card. Sadly, on connecting (flight data mode) and trying to format the card it says it is protected. The only option DJI give is to send the unit back, as my only rig right now, I can't really be without for 12 weeks, not to mention the expense of sending it half-way across the world for a repair :(

I've seen reports of people fixing the card by simply swapping it out. However, none of them seem to say where it is located within the Inspire, can someone provide a photo as to where it is please? :)

Thanks
Graeme.

The internal card is located inside the Inspire's FC
It's not really supposed to be taken out but it is possible. I would have to assume this will void your warranty, although I'm not 100 percent we. The card records flight data and is supposed to start clearing itself out once it gets full. Supposedly you cycle the power off and on to reset this error code but it seems yours isn't working that way. Basically if it is full it isn't recording Flight data so if you have a crash because of a malfunction it would not be recorded. This is a big problem if you are hoping for a DJI replacement due to a crash from hardware failure. I will further enhance investigate this issue and hopefully have a better answer for you tomorrow. I'm sorry this is all I can tell you at the moment.

What to Do If You Encounter Mc Data Error on DJI Inspire 1

CAUSE: The Inspire 1 has an internal SD card in its black box, when this card is full during flight etc you will get the MC DATA ERROR message.

REMEDY: Land as soon as possible and power cycle the craft. This will allow i1 to delete previous flight logs and record again.

CAUTION: If you continue to fly with the above error, that particular flight will not be logged in the black box.

I will get back with you as soon as I learn something. Maybe some of the other guys on here can help as well. Combined we have a pretty smart group of Inspire operators.

Respectfully,
Ralph
Flyhighusa

Reactions: geefin
I've been getting the consistent MC Data Error (full/problematic flight recorder error) for months now and would like to clear it once and for all.

I've read this can be done by formatting or replacing the SD card. Sadly, on connecting (flight data mode) and trying to format the card it says it is protected. The only option DJI give is to send the unit back, as my only rig right now, I can't really be without for 12 weeks, not to mention the expense of sending it half-way across the world for a repair :(

I've seen reports of people fixing the card by simply swapping it out. However, none of them seem to say where it is located within the Inspire, can someone provide a photo as to where it is please? :)

Thanks
Graeme.
Any inspire owners in your area willing to fly with you briefly so you can send yours in for repair? I'm in South Florida with an i1 X5, I'm offering. I'm assuming your a small business owner, I'm only a retired hobbyist and staying that way so I won't be poaching your work.

Thanks
Graeme.
Same problem here. Been flying for ages with the mc data error. People experiencing this issue on phantoms have much easier access to the SD card and have resolved the issue. Haven't heard of anyone doing so on an inspire. Copter also won't save metadata to your images. And who's gonna pay to ship the whole copter for repair for such a minor issue? Not me that's for sure.

Thanks for the help. The power cycling doesn't change/wipe it. On connecting it says the card needs formatting but then it says it's locked. So basically, it needs a new card. I'm the far side of the Caribbean and it will cost a fortune to send back to the US. Especially if it's something as simple as swapping out an SD card - if I just knew where to look to do it! :(

I have some surveying work coming up and the flight data would be useful. On checking the jpgs, they are saving GPS info into the metadata but it will be a lot better if I could get the flight logs too. I'd just like to know if it's possible. Does anyone have a photo of where it is or what is involved in getting to it?

Does anyone know how long the warranty is for on the Inspire? I ask, as I've had this one since launch date.

I should add, the rig has never been crashed or damaged. The error started appearing about 6 months ago and just never cleared.

Hi, I've started seeing the same error message. It seemed to appear once I got to around 17hrs of collective flight time.
I too managed to get to the SD card via my PC and flight data mode and was able to copy off the data however was unable to delete the files or format the disk. Has anyone successfully managed to do this? And did it resolve the issue?

Hello I have the same issue, any one find a solution about that problem?
Do you thing if I will open the NCore component (lightbridge and change the card) will fix the issue? Anyone tried it?

Thanks in advance!

Hello I have the same issue, any one find a solution about that problem?
Do you thing if I will open the NCore component (lightbridge and change the card) will fix the issue? Anyone tried it?

Thanks in advance!
Hi Lakis, my aircraft was still under warranty so I sent it back and they resolved the issue.
Thanks
Eamon

Hi Lakis, my aircraft was still under warranty so I sent it back and they resolved the issue.
Thanks
Eamon
Thank you for your prompt reply, I ve bought a second hand inspire v1 and is not under warranty. So I thing I will give it a try!
:)
I will report the results!

Thank you for your prompt reply, I ve bought a second hand inspire v1 and is not under warranty. So I thing I will give it a try!
:)
I will report the results!
Did you ever have any success with your internal sd card? I'm currently working on my i1 and am hoping for some guidance. Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DinaRqz379