Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Loctite on arm screws?

Reaction score
Hi just recently replaced the outside cover on the inspire one arm and was wondering about using a bit of loctite on a couple of the screws and if so what kind should I use, we dont have any hobby stores close by so need to pick some up from maybe an automotive shop maybe , anyone have any ideas, heres the part im talking about...im refering to the 4 screws in the photo....
40000_4618.jpg

No metal bushings and just took out the other side screw to have a look and looks like there was no loctite on that side, but just watched a vbideo on youtube from an authorised drone repair center in the U.K and in the video he recommended putting loctite on at least 4 of the screws, but wasnt sure what kind I should use on there

If near plastic, do not use Locktite blue or red. The out-gassing will craze plastic and eventually it will crack. Motorcycle dealers have found this out with cracked windshields many years ago. It's been reported in cracking and damaging medical equipment too here: Damage to Plastic Components from Loctite

Locktite makes a "Safe for plastics" thread locker called Locktitie #425. The typical "Blue" automotive type could be painted on the metal threads and allowed to dry over night, then the chemical reaction would not be as damaging to any nearby plastic and the threads will bind to keep the fastener secured.

Last edited:
Hi just recently replaced the outside cover on the inspire one arm and was wondering about using a bit of loctite on a couple of the screws and if so what kind should I use, we dont have any hobby stores close by so need to pick some up from maybe an automotive shop maybe , anyone have any ideas, heres the part im talking about...im refering to the 4 screws in the photo....
View attachment 11340
As suggested above - do not use thread lock on these screws. The solution will probably wick up the threads due to capillary action and the plastic will crack over time.
Instead, just securely tighten and periodically check as part of your maintenance regime.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdolphBonn