Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Looking for a dead x5

kevbac

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
All I need is the yaw axis motor - just the part with the windings, if the little ribbon cable is intact.
Water damaged? Probably ok.
Run over by a truck? Probably ok.
Broken yaw axis mount - that's ok.
Pretty much any level of damage is fine, as long as the part with the windings is intact and so is the little ribbon cable that comes from it.
That said, I'm not looking to pay very much. I'm pretty sure I can repair the ribbon cable, since it only has 3 actual wires.
The biggest problem I'm having is trying to remove the motor part from the mount.

If yr the original owner, then I’d send it to DJI for repair. I have returned two X5’s with serious damage and very pleased with the service. Both cases were under $200, they provided a quote and there was no charge for shipping, either direction.

If yr the original owner, then I’d send it to DJI for repair. I have returned two X5’s with serious damage and very pleased with the service. Both cases were under $200, they provided a quote and there was no charge for shipping, either direction.
Unfortunately, I'm not the original owner. The previous owner took the yaw apart and broke the ribbon cable to the motor.
I have ordered a new machined part for the mount. It should be arriving within the next few days - the tracking number shows it's in Canada.
I wound up buying another x5 that's in fine condition and my plan now is to have the one I'm repairing converted to full spectrum so I can do NDVI and IR with it.
So. I'm not in a hurry, but I do want to find a replacement for the yaw motor.
I'll have to contact DJI them in the future, though. Hopefully they'll still have parts available.

Interesting, off topic, but I believe the X5 does not have any ir, uv or moire filter. So isn’t it already a very broad spectrum sensor? I use a screw on IR/UV filter because I was told it would prevent some of the high contrast edge fringing (chromatic aberration) but not sure I saw any difference although didn’t do any detailed analysis. Probably just the lens coatings. Are u doing agricultural work? I see yr in Ottawa, I’m in Montreal.

Interesting, off topic, but I believe the X5 does not have any ir, uv or moire filter. So isn’t it already a very broad spectrum sensor? I use a screw on IR/UV filter because I was told it would prevent some of the high contrast edge fringing (chromatic aberration) but not sure I saw any difference although didn’t do any detailed analysis. Probably just the lens coatings. Are u doing agricultural work? I see yr in Ottawa, I’m in Montreal.
Hi Ralph,
It does have a lowpass filter over the sensor. it cuts off a lot IR - not sure about UV, though. Without the cutoff filter, there would be a lot of interference from the non-visible near IR range. I have a DSLR that had the lowpass filter removed and replaced with one that just lets in light around the 650nm range. Most modern lenses have coatings that reduce UV. I've printed a T42 mount that might allow me to put on an older, cheap, uncoated lens.

It will cost about $US700 for the conversion and a full set of filters (Lowpass, to render the camera 'normal', NVDI, UV and a few bands of IR (or near IR) and some specific colours).

The IR is partially because I love the look of near IR photos. I am considering doing agricultural imaging, too. It will help support my drone addiction hobby. :)

Also off topic... I just took a peek at your site. It's Flash-heavy. I just wiped my site because of Flash, but I've been too busy to do any rebuilding yet - many over the Labour Day weekend.

Maybe we can meet half way and fly sometime.

-Kevin

I'm quite tide-down presently because my wife is sick. I'm selling my Inspire kit, regrettably and reverting to using just my M2P. I can't afford the time commitment for big jobs presently. It would have been interesting to get together since you sound interested in the photography side of droning.
www.kijiji.ca

DJI Inspire 1 Pro v2 (2017) | Appareils électroniques | Ville de Montréal | Kijiji
2017 DJI Insire 1 Pro, a professional photography and videography tool. Accepted by Transport Canada for use in controlled airspace but not near or over people. It has been serviced by DJI recognized service centre in Canada. It comes with three lens'; DJI 15mm, Olympus 12mm & 45 mm. Polar pro...
www.kijiji.ca
www.kijiji.ca

I'm quite tide-down presently because my wife is sick. I'm selling my Inspire kit, regrettably and reverting to using just my M2P. I can't afford the time commitment for big jobs presently. It would have been interesting to get together since you sound interested in the photography side of droning.
www.kijiji.ca

DJI Inspire 1 Pro v2 (2017) | Appareils électroniques | Ville de Montréal | Kijiji
2017 DJI Insire 1 Pro, a professional photography and videography tool. Accepted by Transport Canada for use in controlled airspace but not near or over people. It has been serviced by DJI recognized service centre in Canada. It comes with three lens'; DJI 15mm, Olympus 12mm & 45 mm. Polar pro...
www.kijiji.ca
www.kijiji.ca
Very nice kit! If I hadn't just bought mine, I might make an offer on yours.
There are few items in there that I think are interesting - the case and lenses, but I don't know if you'd want to sell them separately. In any event, I'm pretty much de-budgeted for the next few months anyway.

Sorry Kevin, I‘m keeping it as a complete kit, all the accessories were purchased for specific reasons, projects etc. that make it a full pro kit for anyone involved in filming. Quite a few things not listed including lead balance weights, lens hoods, winter battery cover, etc

Sorry Kevin, I‘m keeping it as a complete kit, all the accessories were purchased for specific reasons, projects etc. that make it a full pro kit for anyone involved in filming. Quite a few things not listed including lead balance weights, lens hoods, winter battery cover, etc
No worries, Ralph. I can't justify any more purchases until spring anyway. :)
Still a pretty awesome kit!

I had a damaged X5 that I sent to DJI. I am not the original owner. They repaired it anyway. Mine was pretty ugly and they charged $300. Looks like new now with no scratches. Very pleased. Took about 3 weeks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla