Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Lost signal, lost inspire

Reaction score
Using a litchi planned flight. Other that a couple of weak signal notifications all seems well when suddenly towards the end of the flight contact was lost.
Should have returned home but did not. As of yet unable to find it.
Is there someone that can look at the log file and see if it tells anything. I'm having trouble find what I need.
Thanks!!

You need to be carful using litchi flight plan a few people over here in the UK have had their inspire 1’s fall out of the sky from 350ft and totally wrecked.

Could be the problem. Don't really know. I've used Litchie before without a problem, but certainly can't explain what happened yesterday.
Still have no idea where it is. Searched the location shown "find my aircraft". No luck. Appears it continued to fly and had about 75% battery so could have gone quite a distance. Unfortunately it ignored "return to home" which it should have done.
Thanks for the reply.

You need to be carful using litchi flight plan a few people over here in the UK have had their inspire 1’s fall out of the sky from 350ft and totally wrecked.
Who are ‘these people’?
I have used Litchi for years (since it’s inception) and never had any issues.
It is a mature product now.
I would be interested to know how Litchi caused aircraft to ‘fall out of the sky’ which presumably would involve shutting off the motors.
I do not believe this instruction is implimemted by Litchi within the SDK.

Pretty sure we have a DJI troll within.

Until I post otherwise, Litchi rocks!!

I've not used Litichi but I use Autoflight Autopilot frequently. You should be aware that (I understand) 3rd party apps don't establish the Home point. If you're in a new location, you should always start the Inspire in the Go App first. When you've established the home point is correct on the map and ensure max alt. and distance are set (the 3rd party app cant over write these settings, you can reduce these maxs but cant go beyond them). You can also make your basic camera settings although these can be over written by the 3rd party app. Then close the Go app and open the 3rd party app. Verify the home point on the map and off course confirm all the camera and other settings. This has worked for me safely since I got my first I1P in 2015. I now have 2 functioning perfectly following these procedures.

Litchi is an excellent app. However, like all others, OP needs to understand how to set waypoints, especially the altitudes of each waypoint. The only problem I've ever encountered using Litchi is not double checking them. Furthermore, the mission will continue even if the signal is lost. So, if the end waypoint is set correctly, there is no reason for the aircraft not do what is expected.

Reactions: Bay Hakan
Check battery state and temp in DJI Go before Litchi in cold weather.!!

I’ve used Litchi successfully with my MA, and recently with my I1- even when losing signal with the controller, it will continue on it’s flight and return and land where it took off. Key is to bat have any other apps running.. but as Geoffp said, I do check everything in DJIGO/DJIGO4 before launching Litchi, making sure to close all other apps before sending the program to the quad.

I've not used Litichi but I use Autoflight Autopilot frequently. You should be aware that (I understand) 3rd party apps don't establish the Home point. If you're in a new location, you should always start the Inspire in the Go App first. When you've established the home point is correct on the map and ensure max alt. and distance are set (the 3rd party app cant over write these settings, you can reduce these maxs but cant go beyond them). You can also make your basic camera settings although these can be over written by the 3rd party app. Then close the Go app and open the 3rd party app. Verify the home point on the map and off course confirm all the camera and other settings. This has worked for me safely since I got my first I1P in 2015. I now have 2 functioning perfectly following these procedures.

Litchi always establishes the home point independently when connecting. Litchi integrates the DJI GO sdk for much of its functionality, but should be the ONLY interface loaded into device memory (flying apps I'm talking) when flying. Make sure that if you check some things with DJI apps, to force unload them from your phone or table (Androids) before running Litchi, DroneDeploy, DroneHarmony, etc. etc etc.

Litchi always establishes the home point independently when connecting. Litchi integrates the DJI GO sdk for much of its functionality but should be the ONLY interface loaded into device memory (flying apps I'm talking) when flying. Make sure that if you check some things with DJI apps, to force unload them from your phone or table (Androids) before running Litchi, DroneDeploy, DroneHarmony, etc. etc etc.
I'd like to add to this, that when I am flying my I2 and using crystalsky as the monitor, I find that, trying to switch between the DJI go app and the Litchi app, the crystalsky/android software, will fight for control of the USB port. Major pain!!

I've found no easy solution to make switching between the 2 apps seamless. I did, however, come up with a solution for this. I now simply use my iPhone when I need to use the DJIgo app for any "root" changes that are not allowed by the SDK. Once the root changes are made, I simply attached the crystalsky USB cable to the controller and I'm back in business using the Litchi app.

Reactions: MrTVR

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fivafi