Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

lost stick calibration

Reaction score
Got my maiden flight in...flew very well.
My son in laws had a weird glitch today. Had flown one battery and went to fly another and he couldn't get much for rpms on the motors. When i pulled throttle down to lill motors they would speed up a little. We shut everything down and restarted it...same thing. I went into stick calibration and all limits went to 100% but I recalibrated anyway and all worked fine after that.
How could it lose its calibration? If we had been in the air and lost stick calibration on all the sticks I'm sure it could be a handfull! Could this be a cause for fly aways? If the throttle lost its center and so did yaw,elevator and aileron sticks it would not be good

Got my maiden flight in...flew very well.
My son in laws had a weird glitch today. Had flown one battery and went to fly another and he couldn't get much for rpms on the motors. When i pulled throttle down to lill motors they would speed up a little. We shut everything down and restarted it...same thing. I went into stick calibration and all limits went to 100% but I recalibrated anyway and all worked fine after that.
How could it lose its calibration? If we had been in the air and lost stick calibration on all the sticks I'm sure it could be a handfull! Could this be a cause for fly aways? If the throttle lost its center and so did yaw,elevator and aileron sticks it would not be good
It can cause problems and you should ALWAYS do a stick calibration after updating firmware etc.
The golden rule after a FW update is
  • IMU calibration
  • Compass calibration
  • Stick calibration

All calibrations were done after the fw update. That's what I can't figure out, how can it lose calibration between flights?
If the stick centers all got offset at the same time how many new pilots could handle throttle, yaw,pitch and roll on their own. I'm just mention it, as wonder if this happened if this could cause what would seem like a fly away to many. Figured I would share and let the experts figure it out.

All calibrations were done after the fw update. That's what I can't figure out, how can it lose calibration between flights?
If the stick centers all got offset at the same time how many new pilots could handle throttle, yaw,pitch and roll on their own. I'm just mention it, as wonder if this happened if this could cause what would seem like a fly away to many. Figured I would share and let the experts figure it out.
Good point, it shouldn't loose calibration that much in such a short space of time.....very weird.
I have had transmitters need calibrating after a long period of time and then only very slightly out.
I have also had TX not throw to 100% which meant you couldn't arm the motors but never drift between a few flights!
I would keep an eye out for it happening again.
It is possible that the stick potentiometers have become contaminated and gone noisy but unlikely to be both of them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
russiananytime