Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Love this camera :)

Great Shots...where is that waterfall its beautiful?
Desoto Falls here in Desoto state park. As far as in the focus...some of these were early shots. I had a real difficult time focusing while using my phone. Whether doing manual focus or auto sometimes makes no difference. I have contemplated purchasing the focusing unit dji sells but not sure if it's worth it. Any tips would be helpful :)

Reactions: Dr. Ifly Drones
Desoto Falls here in Desoto state park. As far as in the focus...some of these were early shots. I had a real difficult time focusing while using my phone. Whether doing manual focus or auto sometimes makes no difference. I have contemplated purchasing the focusing unit dji sells but not sure if it's worth it. Any tips would be helpful :)
I've heard this reported in other threads as well regarding focus. One answer seems to be to set the file output to "none" vs Dlog or Cine.

I've heard this reported in other threads as well regarding focus. One answer seems to be to set the file output to "none" vs Dlog or Cine.

Use whatever mode you like for photographs, they should all come out sharp if you calibrate the lens properly. This is key, you need to use a high contrast object to calibrate each lens you use. Pretty simple to do but if you don't do it or check that it's calibrated your shots will be out of focus.
The d-log/cine-like issue is only present with video.

Reactions: takean
I have worked all day trying to get the camera to focus. I am not new at this...but for some reason their software is either terrible or backwards. I have followed a ton of guides as well...also learning that some features were removed for the android version (which is what I have) like Peak focusing. It seems silly to me that as expensive as this drone was...fixing the focus on it should't be this difficult.

Ok...I have calibrated...and calibrated...and calibrated. The infinity focus just will not hold. I have no other idea on what to do. As it stands now I cannot focus the camera as it should. I follow the directions to the "t"....what am I missing? Its like it continually sets the infinity mark in the middle...and then over focuses when you press the infinity button...shooting past the infinity setting. I have manually set it to infinity...then calibrated...and it just does it again after calibration. I have deleted the app...I have cleaned out the data and cache...but nothing seems to work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shipjoy