Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

LowePro Drone Guard with T Motor Props

Reaction score
I bought the LowePro Drone Guard but hadn't used it up until I installed the T motor props and was worried about it with the props permanently installed.

So today I modified the propeller mount protectors that come with the LowePro so they now protect the T motor props. I know this is not how they are intended and the landing gear with antenna are not covered but it gives me some peace of mind using the LowePro backpack with the T motors installed.

All I did was cut off one velcro side and sewed it back on a little lower down so it could attach. WIN_20180503_23_33_05_Pro.jpg

Looks great @r62ewa, it does look like the motors are still protected.
Thanks. The motors are still fully enclosed within the protectors and now that they can attach beneath the motor mount the T motors are secured and cannot move around.

I used the setup yesterday out on my snowmobile and it worked out well. Recorded some amazing footage of a seal in his breathing hole in the ice.

Thanks. The motors are still fully enclosed within the protectors and now that they can attach beneath the motor mount the T motors are secured and cannot move around.

I used the setup yesterday out on my snowmobile and it worked out well. Recorded some amazing footage of a seal in his breathing hole in the ice.

I look forward to seeing some of that footage! I don't get to use my snowmobile to often here in SW Florida :)

Haha nice mod @r62ewa

@Florida Drone Supply Are there some sort of clips available to fix the blades against the arm so they don't move around?

We recently received some of these from another manufacturer, they work well but do not fit in the cases without a modification. For traveling with the copter out of the case they do what they are designed to do.

IMG_2447.JPG

Are these foam propeller holders for sale by you?

I would like to say that we will sell them to you but I can not. If you have purchased props from us we will send you a set for free including shipping. PM us your address and we will get them out as soon as we can. Even if you did not buy props from us we can still get these holders out to you.

I would like to say that we will sell them to you but I can not. If you have purchased props from us we will send you a set for free including shipping. PM us your address and we will get them out as soon as we can. Even if you did not buy props from us we can still get these holders out to you.
Would that apply to myself all the way up here in northern Canada?

I bought a set of T-Motor cf foldable props from you guys about a month ago. I'd like to get a set of those
foam prop holders for the props I bought from you all. I haven't figured out how to PM yet so I'm contacting
you here. My email address is: [email protected] if that'll help you locate my order. Thanks.

I bought the LowePro Drone Guard but hadn't used it up until I installed the T motor props and was worried about it with the props permanently installed.

So today I modified the propeller mount protectors that come with the LowePro so they now protect the T motor props. I know this is not how they are intended and the landing gear with antenna are not covered but it gives me some peace of mind using the LowePro backpack with the T motors installed.

All I did was cut off one velcro side and sewed it back on a little lower down so it could attach. View attachment 19930
Great job! I really like it when people come out with new stuff!

Reactions: r62ewa
Very true. I know certain species of birds don't like it, may see it as another bird of prey perhaps.
Yeah I have been shooting videos of Ospreys and they definitely don’t like having drones in their areas. I had one attack my I2 (I was just hovering about 150 feet away) and had to beat feet out of there before either it or my drone suffered some damage. Mainly I was worried about the Osprey more than I was my I2!! It would have been a huge mess.

Reactions: r62ewa

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop