Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

M210 Landing Gear Mass and Bottom Pictures

TF8

Reaction score
All,
New to the forum, recommendation from a friend you guys might be able to help. I am looking at putting a payload on an M210 that is on order but 3 weeks out. I was hoping to maybe get some info in the mean time.
1.) Does anyone know the mass of the stock landing gear? I am hoping to remove them and add them into the payload.
2.) Does anyone have any pictures of the bottom of a 210 or arround the battery cage? I am looking to figure out what existing bolt pattern interfaces/structure are underneith for a payload interface.

Any help would be much appreciated,
Thanks,
Tyler

All,
New to the forum, recommendation from a friend you guys might be able to help. I am looking at putting a payload on an M210 that is on order but 3 weeks out. I was hoping to maybe get some info in the mean time.
1.) Does anyone know the mass of the stock landing gear? I am hoping to remove them and add them into the payload.
2.) Does anyone have any pictures of the bottom of a 210 or arround the battery cage? I am looking to figure out what existing bolt pattern interfaces/structure are underneith for a payload interface.

Any help would be much appreciated,
Thanks,
Tyler

I’ll try to take a photo when im
Back at work.

Our drop mechanism is held on by a couple of torx screws. It came with instructions to remove the two stock screws from the bottom of the “battery cage” and replace with longer ones that pass through the drop system mount and utilize the existing holes in the aircraft.

The legs seem super light. If someone doesn’t do it first I’ll put them on a scale for you.

We use this fses drop system.

The small piece in the photo stays connected to the aircraft and allows the actual mechanism to slide on/off

2A4137CC-6926-4E75-B0F9-FAC116AA8FD5.jpeg

Here it is mounted:

F27B0151-513B-43C0-86F4-BF1CCB864F63.jpeg

And here it is in action:

Reactions: SierraSARPilot
I’ll try to take a photo when im
Back at work.

Our drop mechanism is held on by a couple of torx screws. It came with instructions to remove the two stock screws from the bottom of the “battery cage” and replace with longer ones that pass through the drop system mount and utilize the existing holes in the aircraft.

The legs seem super light. If someone doesn’t do it first I’ll put them on a scale for you.

Lapeer20m,
Any info that you can provide would be much appreciated. Sounds like they already have an interface for the drop mechanism.

Thanks,
Tyler

Lapeer20m,
Any info that you can provide would be much appreciated. Sounds like they already have an interface for the drop mechanism.

Thanks,
Tyler

It works with m210 through the pilot app, which is nice because there is no separate transmitter required and almost zero latency. It plugs into the extended i/o port on the back of the ac.

I don’t go back to work until Saturday.

Lapeer20m, Nice work! I too would be interested in your payload release for the M210.

In addition, which inflatable rescue device are you using and what is the weight of that device.

Spring is swiftwater season for us and we would like to have our M210 ready for PFD and messenger line deployments.

Lapeer20m, Nice work! I too would be interested in your payload release for the M210.

In addition, which inflatable rescue device are you using and what is the weight of that device.

Spring is swiftwater season for us and we would like to have our M210 ready for PFD and messenger line deployments.

The pfd is from www.throwraft.com

It’s coast guard approved.

I think it weighs about 1.5 pounds. I’ll put it on a scale on Saturday.

We also have 600’ of rope we attach to this yellow rescue device for ice water rescue. Once delivered to the victim, rescuers can safely pull from shore.

BAD04CB8-6D5C-4D72-814A-AA839762184B.jpeg

The rope has 1,500 pound breaking strength, loses zero percent of its strength when wet, floats, and 300 feet weighs just one pound.

We’ve yet to make a video of this. Ice rescue training requires lots of planning because a dive team is required to be on standby and the weather must cooperate.

We have limited exposure to frozen lakes but we do train for ice rescue also and that use is another good idea. Thanks!
We have used paracord as a messenger to deliver a tension diagonal (usually 9.5mm or so) for swiftwater rescue. That works pretty well as long as the river isn't too wide. When the paracord hits the water, it can be swept downstream pretty fast once released. This was using Inspire 1 with skyzmir stork (spelling?)...

Last edited:
I weighed the legs. Combined they are 145 grams (5oz) according to our scale.

66D7C573-C482-4A04-A1F1-9E2212EE91F1.jpeg

I also measured the distance on center, with a big fat ruler, of the fasteners on the bottom of the aircraft and they appear to be approximately 1 inch on center. A caliper or more accurate measuring device was not available.

44349684-B809-4699-8A77-3149F9EA2F01.jpeg

Attachments

• E218CDF1-E673-42E0-A553-0DCCD1D4F8FC.jpeg
    E218CDF1-E673-42E0-A553-0DCCD1D4F8FC.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 7

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool