Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

M600 Pro in park

Reaction score
I have yet to take my m600 to a park where others are at. I want to know from others who perhaps use this drone as a recreational tool versus a business tool if you ever get complaints or dirty looks from people who are perhaps annoyed by its usage. Just curious. I want to venture to a park, but I want to be respectful of others. I know this drone is meant for more of a business purpose, but I got it because I enjoy the thrill of flying. I am really not in the category of making videos and whatnot. I am a novice and the there is a freedom in flying a drone. That is just me. I have considered dumping my I2 simply because I know it has issues and it's an idea. I could just keep it as an alternative to my M600. I just feel the M600 will be more reliable in the long run. Thank you for any tips.

Reactions: Jim Weist
Unsure of your local regs, but here, city and county parks are a no no.
What is the draw to a “park”?

Since this is a discussion about the M600 and the title is M600 Related.

I've moved it to........ The M600 section!

Reactions: dmvara
I have yet to take my m600 to a park where others are at. I want to know from others who perhaps use this drone as a recreational tool versus a business tool if you ever get complaints or dirty looks from people who are perhaps annoyed by its usage. Just curious. I want to venture to a park, but I want to be respectful of others. I know this drone is meant for more of a business purpose, but I got it because I enjoy the thrill of flying. I am really not in the category of making videos and whatnot. I am a novice and the there is a freedom in flying a drone. That is just me. I have considered dumping my I2 simply because I know it has issues and it's an idea. I could just keep it as an alternative to my M600. I just feel the M600 will be more reliable in the long run. Thank you for any tips.
No wide open non populated spaces in San Antonio? I stay as far from people as I can when I fly my M600; preferably open desert. I know is a fun UAS to fly but it can be very dangerous, it's not a Mavic.

Unfortunately, not really. It’s a big city, but there are several military bases and that along with the airport areas make it a challenge to fly in a wide open area. I agree it‘s too big for flying where others are in close proximity so that kinda kills parks. And I fly at max altitude. It may be something I have to give up on since flying in the backyard is also very boring with no scenery where I live. I’ll have to weigh my options.

i guess the real question is what would constitute wide open non-populated areas that at the same time are not considered private. I guess if I lived in an area near a beach that would be ideal since it’s I guess public versus the city life. There just aren‘t that many areas other than paks to fly a drone legally. I’ll have to continue my search for ideal places to fly.

Parks are legal to fly from where you are?
Not sure. So then where exactly do you fly? I can’t fly in my neighborhood because you can’t fly over people. I’ll be at max 150m so not sure if that still means flying over others. Can’t fly at parks. So then what does that leave me to choose from? Just wondering. Even if I find an open space it’s owned by someone so technically where do you fly that is considered public and open? It is a fun hobby and I’m not into the the video of it, but the freedom of flying. It’s a rush. If I cannot find some decent places to fly without disturbing others or that are legal I may have to give up this hobby and sell all 3 of mine. Bummer.

Confusing. In post number one you mention that you want to fly from a park. In post above(#9)you mention that you are not sure if it’s legal.
Hope you find a place to fly.

Confusing. In post number one you mention that you want to fly from a park. In post above(#9)you mention that you are not sure if it’s legal.
Hope you find a place to fly.
LOFL! Sorry. Well yes I do, but at the same tim I don’t know if i can. I follow the letter of the law. It’s a shame there are not more places to fly. It is ideal if you have a large rural property where you can fly and not disturb anyone. Oh well, such is life. And I don’t have a lot of time on my hands to fly my drones so if I have to give it up I won’t feel too bad about it. I have other hobbies to keep my mind busy.

So where do most of you who own an M600 fly? I assume most are licensed pilots, which I am not. Do you have wider open public areas in your cities where it is nice and you can legally fly?
So when they say you cannot fly over people I do understand the basic concept, but if a drone operator flies it at max altitude where it is not bothering anyone is that still illegal? I’m not flying to scope people out. I just want to fly over scenic areas and those areas might have people walking thru them. Thank you

Just google drone laws or regulations with city or county name and research what you can do. Also state parks may have more strict rules or less strict ones. But in any case that’s a big drone and you’ll get ppl asking you questions no matter what.

Regardless of what your local park regs are, to answer the question of operating a large drone in public; I actually prefer it. I own a I2, M2P and a Mavic Mini. I think the annoyance factor is pretty even across the board regardless of size. But I also find that people seem to be more respectful (or terrified) of the large drone, and the fact that my need to operate it might/does supersede any questions or concerns they may have. Just my experience

-KG

Just google drone laws or regulations with city or county name and research what you can do. Also state parks may have more strict rules or less strict ones. But in any case that’s a big drone and you’ll get ppl asking you questions no matter what.
This is true. And yes I did exactly as you and others have suggested and that was the best thing to do. Looks like it is legal in San Antonio since it does not specifically state that I can’t. And when I fly I’m at max altitude so that can hardly be considered annoying to others since it is at a great distance. I think it is pretty fascinating.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Baie Car