Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Mapping with M600P and GremsyS1

Reaction score
Is there a way to run one of the mapping products (DroneDeploy, etc) on a M600Pro with a Gremsy S1 and FLIR DuoPro? I see examples with DJI cameras, but I haven't found a way to do it with the aforementioned setup. This is my first attempt at doing a formal map. I have (2) other DJI cameras I can use, but minimally I'd like to take a series of automated thermal images, stictching into a map would be a bonus.

Thanks
Charlie

Is there a way to run one of the mapping products (DroneDeploy, etc) on a M600Pro with a Gremsy S1 and FLIR DuoPro? I see examples with DJI cameras, but I haven't found a way to do it with the aforementioned setup. This is my first attempt at doing a formal map. I have (2) other DJI cameras I can use, but minimally I'd like to take a series of automated thermal images, stictching into a map would be a bonus.

Thanks
Charlie

Just curious...I do mapping for a living. While I have seen FLIR used for many uses, including agricultural, inspections, etc., I've yet to have a client require a "thermal map." Normally, mapping is far more complex than your average layperson knows, as facets such as accuracy and GSD (Ground Sample Distance) escape the general public. When you say "formal map," I'm sure you're aware that that comes with a very strict set of criterion.

I guess what I'm saying is there is FLIR (for inspection purposes), and then there's mapping (for architectural / construction purposes). Each end-product has a completely different set of criterion. I've never seen them combined before. So your suggestion of a "thermal map" has me curious.

Are you simply talking about a thermal MOSAIC???? That's hugely different from thermal MAP.

Just curious. I have mapped with an M600 before, so I might be able to give you some insight.

D

Thanks for the replies... Oddly enough I know Wyatt as he did some work for me on my S1 Gimbal. He suggested GS Pro, which I just assumed would not work. I'm going to give it a go.

Donnie, you're correct, I'm looking to make a thermal mosaic (stitched pictures?) vs a map. Trying this idea for some wildlife purposes.

Thanks
Charlie

Reactions: SanCap
Thanks for the replies... Oddly enough I know Wyatt as he did some work for me on my S1 Gimbal. He suggested GS Pro, which I just assumed would not work. I'm going to give it a go.

GS Pro works. I like version 1, as I believe version 2 requires a DJI Login, but don't quote me on that. There was a reason I didn't make the plunge. It seemed a little "micromanagy" to me. That said, GS Pro isn't terrain aware. So, as long as your area is relatively flat, it should work. If you get into hilly areas, you'll want automation software that's terrain aware. I use MapPilot for that. I have actually used MapPilot on an M600 Pro (LIDAR mission). It worked flawlessly.

D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk