Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Mars 58 (parachute) on Inspire 1

As I said in another topic, I'd rather wait for Opale Paramodels to release its system for Inspire, I am trying to get the news they posted about it, I will share when it is done. They have a pretty good reputation in making parachute rescue kits for S800, S900, S1000 and also some for Sky Hero.

Edit: Found it on DJI Inspire 1 Owners group on Facebook, the 6th of May 2015:

Crash DJI Inspire 1 : We did it and it's successfull ! Our parachute system will be ready very soon !

10688364_951260984907037_3640837285144545350_o.png

11174257_951260931573709_2672130266197819786_o.png

11110384_951260951573707_750324799614473532_o.png

Last edited:
Looks like an underslung load? If so, where do you put it without interfering with the camera/ground sensors? Also for any of these to work you would have to be pretty far outside of the HV Curve in order for them to be effective imho.

Yeah I've got no more information on the specifications about the parachute system, let's wait a little bit to see what it's like.

For the Smarchute project, they didn't manage to reach the goal of their funding, but it's strangely looks like mars, isn't it?

I wouldn't trust the Mars 58 with an inspire. I looked at the phantom and it came down at a high rate of speed. The inspire is just too heavy. It might help, but I think you would still have significant damage on an inspire.

Reactions: CottonClub
I wouldn't trust the Mars 58 with an inspire. I looked at the phantom and it came down at a high rate of speed. The inspire is just too heavy. It might help, but I think you would still have significant damage on an inspire.

At least 50% of why I'd like a chute is to minimize the damage to anything the Inspire falls on.

They seem to make nice looking stuff, but it appears to be transmitter actuated. I like the Smartchutes solution of activation passing 90 degrees fully separate operation from the A/C system. Then I saw evidence that an Inspire in flight mode might well fall in an upright position. So that is a problem. The more I think about it, it is a tough system to design.

Reactions: blackcruiser
cool idea but way way way to expensive not to mention putting something like that on the inspire all but guarantees a void warranty. i think insurance is a cheaper way to go lol.

something like that can't cost more then 50 bucks to assemble.

Opale Paramodels parachute kit for Inspire 1 is now available for 199€, I think it's a pretty decent price, lot way better than flying eye lol.

Opale Paramodels parachute kit for Inspire 1 is now available for 199€, I think it's a pretty decent price, lot way better than flying eye lol.

Ok.. so the parachute kit for the Inspire 1 doesn't include an activation system. You still have to provide your own PPM signal device (i.e. an RX to tell the servo "deploy"), or create your own logic board, sensor, and 6v battery.

Thinking through this, I could design one that would fit in that kit. Well, I kind of did once I started thinking through it. I wrote 85% of the assembly for the opcode in notepad. The system would be self sufficient, weighing in at maybe 2oz max - if not ~30-35g total (battery, sensor, board, chip).

Ugh. I don't need another project right now...

It also can be a simple 2,4Ghz receiver! ;)

Yes - but having another remote on hand to handle an emergency via a button or switch is unlikely. When an emergency occurs to call for a chute - it is too late unless it is automated. Anything non-automated would be a failure. It would be different if we were flying at 1k+ altitudes - where you would have some chance to grab another remote or react. Yet, flying at 100' - 300' (ideally), it would be over by the time someone grabs or reacts. Just my opinion!

Thanks,
Mike

Thanks for the other option Captain Salty. Unfortunately - the skycat is the same. The $900-$1k kit comes with a PWM release mechanism, which requires another RX/Device to trigger the PWM to "launch". Further, the Skycat kit requires you to buy a $230 mount for the Inspire which is velcro'd on.

Heck - I may just go ahead and try to create the auto-deploy kit for these things. Based on these prices, it would sell for the price of gold.

Thanks,
Mike

I think it's really hard to do it another way, You can't modify the Inspire electronics easily!

Another option:
skycat
having the system sit right at the status led on the back is not really fortunate... one can't see what is going on with the bird and when the app fails for any reason you have no info over the status of the I1... just my observation... as for me, i would not put it there if a different spot might be accountable...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84