Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Mars 58 (parachute) on Inspire 1

I like the idea of an automatic release, and I like even better the idea of an intelligent Auto-Deploy system like the Mayday.

However, I'd still want a manual deployment option via independent, redundant RC. It's not really that inconvenient to carry and access a second RC, especially if it's essentially going to be one button. Off the top of my head, I'd clip it to the Inspire RC harness, somewhere near the shoulder. And yes, it certainly needs independent power and an independent RC Link to the Chute. But..

The catch, for me, is that I'd want this independent RC to also be able to execute a CSC. Or, in fact, execute a CSC before chute deployment anyway, just in case.

Not all crashes involve a drone stopping mid-air. Consider a situation when the compass has failed, or the drone loses GPS and switches to ATTI in a breeze. It will fly in an unpredictable direction, and Murphy's Law says it'll invariably fly straight towards an obstacle. What would help there would be a single emergency deploy button which would execute a CSC to cut power to the rotors and then immediately deploy the chute.

I'd pay surprisingly good money for that! It would likely still be cheaper than having an Inspire and an X5R totalled!!

One other concern. The Inspire 1 with the X5R, with an SSD and a TB48 battery pretty much maxes out the Inspire's 3.5 kg permissible take-off weight. How much weight would the chute system add? And can the chute handle the full 3.5 kg weight of the fully loaded Inspire RAW?

Last edited:
The opale systems fitted with a 433mhz radio remote us about 240g and costs about £580 for the whole system Inc vat. You cam add the mayday auto deployment system to it - an extra £100 or so.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Hi everyone, greetings from Chile!

Any experience in installing a Mars 58 parachute system on the Inspire 1? This is the system:

http://www.marsparachutes.com/mars-58/

A couple of weeks ago, legislation here in my country got passed which requires all quadcopters up to 6 Kg (about 13 lbs) to be registered and to comply with having a parachute system. This only applies to quadcopters you intend to fly in public places (you can do whatever within your own property). There are other items in the legislation, which I can comment on later as we go through the process ourselves (pilots have to get licensed, etc. etc..).

In order to comply with this legislation, we purchase a Mars 58 parachute system and are attempting to install it on the Inspire 1. Mars said back in February that they were developing a mount for the Inspire but they do not seem to be answering inquires about it since then. We searched other systems (the pricey French system, Skycat, etc.). Someone adapted the Skycat X55-CF to the Inspire as can be seen in the first image on the link below, however that looks just too bulky to me...

FAQ

Experiences with the Mars 58? Ideas, thoughts?

Inspired Senses
I do not recommend this product because it will cause stress cracks in the Inspire air frame.

any updates on the Mars 58 parachutes? I am looking at to buy one, has anyone installed this on their Inspire?
Do not buy it if it's not too late! I do not recommend it because it will cause stress cracks to the Inspire air frame.

Mine hit camera first on my last tree encounter at 50'- im assuming the heavy X5 front took charge of that...

I bought my Inspire 1 three weeks ago as my birthday present which is 10 days away, I have not yet flown it but been on the simulator every day to be as good as I can before taking it up for the first time, my last bird was a Perot which I lost in the wind very easily, and I was having more confidence in this bird but after reading some sinareos on here I'm not so sure now

The inspire is a GREAT drone, have no fear, it will make you smile the first 30 seconds

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth