Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Matching Firmware Versions

Reaction score
I just bought a I-1 only, no camera or controller or batteries, to replace my crashed airframe. I and will be adding my x5 camera, my batteries, and my 2 controllers, and anticipate a major problem with matching up firmware version of this new bird to my stuff, since i had issues awhile back just adding a second controller. I also have read for years, of other peoples's issues when trying to match up components.
...all of my components above are matched to one another. My question is, am I able to choose and install the same firmware version on this bird that i had on my original, which would save me changing anything else, and where would I go to find that, or will I need to match up all of my components to the new I-1's version of firmware? If that is the case, what would be the correct order in which to update those (ie., controller first, then camera, then batteries, then slave controller?....)

I appreciate any help.

I just bought a I-1 only, no camera or controller or batteries, to replace my crashed airframe. I and will be adding my x5 camera, my batteries, and my 2 controllers,

Do you have access to an X3? X5's don't seem to update/roll back firmware very well.

and anticipate a major problem with matching up firmware version of this new bird to my stuff, since i had issues awhile back just adding a second controller. I also have read for years, of other peoples's issues when trying to match up components.

Remote FW v1.6 should match with bird FW v1.9.xx and v1.8.xx. v1.10 requires controller FW v1.7.

...all of my components above are matched to one another. My question is, am I able to choose and install the same firmware version on this bird that i had on my original,

Yes.

which would save me changing anything else, and where would I go to find that,

http://www.panorobot.com/dji/inspire_firmwares.htm

or will I need to match up all of my components to the new I-1's version of firmware?

Read above for compatibility.

If that is the case, what would be the correct order in which to update those (ie., controller first, then camera, then batteries, then slave controller?....)

Bird/X3/battery first (all done at once with the same .bin file), then the remote.

I appreciate any help.

You bet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frem1962