Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

MC Settings ---> "Unlock Motors" Error message (See Pic)

Reaction score
Just upgraded to 1.0.2.16 firmware. Have latest DJI app for Android. Trying to both auto take-off and manually start the motors returns a message saying, "Tap 'MC Settings ---> 'Unlock Motors' before restarting motors"

I can't get the bird to fire up. I'm not even sure how to get to "MC Settings" except by pressing on the "P-OPTI" button. The screen that comes up says, "MC Settings" at the top but there's no option to "Unlock Motors" Am I missing something? (See Pic)
004429uh7uz6oflxo7sy3f.jpg

Last edited:
I do my due dilligence prior to asking for troubleshooting help. Unfortunately the search index for DJI forums is complete @$$.
Okay, here's what the issue was.
1. Updated tablet to most recent DJI Android App (1.0.6)
2. Updated firmware from 1.0.2.14 to 1.0.2.16 on bird - stalled out. After waiting 1.5 hours I finally pwr cycl'd the bird. When it came back up it said it was the "Newest Firmware" within the app.
3. Updated transmitter/controller with USB thumb drive using 1.0.2.16. Took just fine - green LED afterwards.
Turns out the 1.0.6 DJI Pilot app DOES NOT have the "unlock motors" option, ANYWHERE. Some how these idiots removed it. Nice. Give me a warning to unlock the motors before restarting motors, direct me to MC Settings, but take that option away. Dolts.
Luckily I still had DJI Pilot 1.0.0.1 on my Galaxy S4 phone. Connected with that and found the "unlock motors" option within the MC Settings.
Posting my results so when someone else inevitably experiences the same thing I did they figure out how to work around it. Just hope you have an Android capable of backing up .apk files (rooted) so you can keep all the different versions of the DJI Pilot app in case these idiots remove a critical option like this again in the future.
Going forward I will be backing up each prior version of the DJI Pilot app for Android (in 3 different locations) just in case.

I posted it in the DJI official forum. I would report it to their support, but their "support" is a [EXPLETIVE REMOVED] joke.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have just received my inspire today, downloaded the app and upgraded the firmware as requested. Now I am getting this issue. Is there a work around I can do. I obviously don't have the older app versions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi To all
Any Idea how to find and download the old version DJI Pilot 1.0.0.1 ?
Thanks in advance

I too am experiencing the "Go to MC settings and unlock the motors before you start the motors" message on my new galaxy note running
DJI pilot app v.106...Cardboard box was delivered Jan. 18th while I was out on business tour, didn't get to open it until Feb. 20th... and now
I can't get the motors to spin up even though the app shows ready to fly, latest firmware and all lights GO... If DHI for got to carry over the "unlock"
toggle in the newer app, well for Christ sake, come on.
Cant find on older version of pilot to try, Does anyone have a work around? (Ive spent about nine hours trying everything of....)

I gave up with the android app. Got the same message on iPad. Went to the academy mode flight sim. Came back out and it said the motors were unlocked. Have now ditched the android except for my light ridge on my phantom.

I gave up with the android app. Got the same message on iPad. Went to the academy mode flight sim. Came back out and it said the motors were unlocked. Have now ditched the android except for my light ridge on my phantom.

So I thought to try the ISO app on my iPhone 6 and it unlocked the motors so then I went back and tried the android tablet and now all is working... At least in my garage...
Now it's raining next few days....!

So I thought to try the ISO app on my iPhone 6 and it unlocked the motors so then I went back and tried the android tablet and now all is working... At least in my garage...
Now it's raining next few days....!

Good thinking. I never took it to that step. I notice though that on the iOS app there is the flight sim but not on the android version. When I go into the flight sim it locks the motors out for obvious reasons. Well done though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engko