Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Memorial Airport, Chandler AZ

Reaction score

My friend and I went to an abandoned local airport to do some camera testing.
Shot on Inspire 1 X5R. D Log and color corrected in FCPX with Color Finale and FCPX native color correction tools.

Depressing....... the damage done by vandals.
Nice shooting though. Flying out of the hangar a nice shot.

Thanks!
I don't see it as depressing. Yes they have been vandalized but they have been, in a way, given a new purpose. Call it art or whatever, it is still better than making scrap metal out of them.

True.....not quite the shredder, but I wish they would stick to railroad cars!!
Some of those machines saved their ungrateful lives.

Reactions: Cactuswest
Nice video.

Is this is the one along I-10 near Riggs Rd.? Who did you ask for permission? I have been trying to get permission for some time now. I have been told I have to ask the tribal council.

we just drove up to it and did not see any kind of sign so we flew the drone.
Be careful, that is on tribal land and from what I am told are not big fans of UAV's. They can & will confiscate drones and vehicles. There are plenty of signs around it, I saw lots of them. :) I had been trying to get permission from the Gila tribal council.

Be careful, that is on tribal land and from what I am told are not big fans of UAV's. They can & will confiscate drones and vehicles. There are plenty of signs around it, I saw lots of them. :) I had been trying to get permission from the Gila tribal council.

Yea, you're right. But there is no sign at all anymore if there was one. We saw a couple of people that day one in a car and another on a motorcycle.

Are you Phoenix based?

Nicely done. Good flying, and interesting subject. Do you have any plans to license your footage?

DSC_0071.jpg I worked out there at the Intel plant a few years ago. I drove past the airport but I seem to recall seeing signs about it being off limits so I chose not to press my luck. A year earlier I was photographing what I thought was an abandoned rail line in NY and was ticketed and had to appear in court twice for it. Thankfully I was let off without a fine.

Brian

Last edited:
Yea, you're right. But there is no sign at all anymore if there was one. We saw a couple of people that day one in a car and another on a motorcycle.

Are you Phoenix based?
I have family in the valley so I travel there often. I'll be there in a few more weeks. Picking up my Mavic at a shop while I am there. ;)

My friend and I went to an abandoned local airport to do some camera testing.
Shot on Inspire 1 X5R. D Log and color corrected in FCPX with Color Finale and FCPX native color correction tools.

Nicely done. Yes, the shot coming out of the hanger is the best. Might I suggest either trying some shots slower next time, or shooting in 60p but editing in 30p or even just use the slow motion effect in editing. Seems like that would give it en even dreamier look. Maybe even vignette it around the corners. Thanks for sharing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters