Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

"Mentour Pilot" YouTube Drone Video

Reaction score
Here is an interesting video posted by a pilot on YouTube. He says some some things that are interesting. Feel free to watch and comment on his video, as I think the public watching this video needs a bit more balance. He uses the University of Dayton video, and other videos from 2018 to make his point.

Reactions: slim.slamma
Nice video, but a bit misleading. What about geo-fencing, which at least apply to DJI drones. The good Mentour Pilot refers to an incident where nose cone broke mid flight and claimed it was a drone, as there was no blood - which to me is the same attitude as the Gatwick case, just making click-bate stories.
Nevertheless, the best part was showing the enormous impact a few kilo drone can have P=0.5*m*v2
I agree with Mentour Pilot, that some king of education is needed, like when you want to drive moped or other small vehicle, to proove you know the basic rules.

There is some crazy thinking in the comments! One guy had actually posted in there saying that the battery of a drone had more energy than a stick of dynamite! I had to respond to a number of the comments in there was TONS of really bad information. I also did the math on the 'energy' of dynamite vs LIPO and spoiler alert, Dynamite had more energy :)

Some really kooky comments and it really shows that the general public doesn't have good foundational understanding of this technology.

I hope others with some time will take the time to read though the comments and maybe in a professional way educate some people and take some of the fear out from the public's understanding.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DinaRqz379