Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Milton Keynes Snow Day

Reaction score
Just a few *shots from this mornings flight.

3052bebcb36f5cd3a648674376ea07b7.jpg

37e05b8236a6981277d85b8f8fc32db4.jpg

8813ad1a3cf7266c9bb8cf2a9c28da83.jpg

bad632a1075f635bb28c397d20761abf.jpg

Last edited:
Are you happy about flying over roads and congested areas?
Yeah pretty happy as I was never directly over the houses or the road. There is a recreational ground that goes between the roads and houses. And then just take the images into light room and manually warp the perspective and correct the verticals to shift your view point over the houses. Thanks for taking the time to look at my pics though and leave a comment.

Yeah pretty happy as I was never directly over the houses or the road. There is a recreational ground that goes between the roads and houses. And then just take the images into light room and manually warp the perspective and correct the verticals to shift your view point over the houses. Thanks for taking the time to look at my pics though and leave a comment.
Andrew, I am only pointing this out in case you didn't know, if you did know then forget my post as you said you are pretty happy. The laws of UK are very clear about flying over congested areas not just houses and there are distance limits too. Check it out yourself. Here's a snippet of the Air Navigation Order:
Article 167 (1) The person in charge of a small unmanned surveillance aircraft must not fly the aircraft in any of the circumstances described in paragraph (2) except in accordance with a permission issued by the CAA.
(2) The circumstances referred to in paragraph (1) are:
(a) over or within 150 metres of any congested area;

Congested Area – Is defined, in relation to a city, town or settlement, any area which is substantially used for residential, commercial, industrial or recreational purposes. Permission from the CAA must be obtained to operate in a congested area if it is likely you will be required to operate within the minimum distances specified with in Cap166 and 167 (see CAOSC)

Please don't get me wrong here, I am not brow beating. On the forum we generally encourage folks to fly within the laws of the country they live in. These are laws in the UK just as much as driving laws...so this is meant kindly, just for your information.

I do like the photos all the same.

Sometimes we see videos/stills on here that may look questionable but we don't always know the status of the pre-planning involved and what mitigation factors have been put in place in order to achieve the result. Some are just obviously not OK though.

Yikes, you should practice what you preach my fellow countryman :rolleyes:

Nice shots Andrew and your explanation in post #6 was a classy way to address a troll post, great job :)

Reactions: jixxer
Yikes, you should practice what you preach my fellow countryman :rolleyes:

Nice shots Andrew and your explanation in post #6 was a classy way to address a troll post, great job :)
Ah...what you mean by that comment?

Edit added: After only 5 posts on here be very careful who you call a troll. I was trying to help Andrew. Andrew and I are OK.

Last edited:
Great to see you handle this in a decent way IrishSights.I've seen this in a much worse case.
This is how a forum should be.

Edit added: After only 5 posts on here be very careful who you call a troll. I was trying to help Andrew. Andrew and I are OK.

Easy chap, I did not call you a troll :)

What I did do was connect the dots to previous post you made calling a guy out for posting that someone's flight path was questionable, then you doing the same exact thing to Andrew here on this thread. (you should have thought about the PM function sooner) ;)
I found it funny and was not calling YOU a troll, (just describing your post calling Andrew out). :)

Question for Andrew ..... :)
My snow pictures tend to get washed out, what settings were you using?

Easy chap, I did not call you a troll :)

What I did do was connect the dots to previous post you made calling a guy out for posting that someone's flight path was questionable, then you doing the same exact thing to Andrew here on this thread. (you should have thought about the PM function sooner) ;)
I found it funny and was not calling YOU a troll, (just describing your post calling Andrew out). :)

Question for Andrew ..... :)
My snow pictures tend to get washed out, what settings were you using?

You have missed a few dots in your connecting. You need to read that post you referenced as you clearly have not done so otherwise you would know it was a general discussion on the topic and no specific flight was being considered. OK...name the guy I was calling out please?

It is important that others viewing Andrews post are fully aware of the laws here who otherwise may not not know, not just from Andrews perspective. It's called being helpful, which I haven't seen to much of in your posts here so far.

This very first post of yours is NOT being helpful, (no way to justify it), period!
"Practice what you preach" was my advice to you.
To take it, or, leave it, is your choice, (not mine).
I rest my case and will not reply to you again.
Being kinder to your fellow fliers will get you farther in the long run, no need for you to belittle or call people out.
"Are you happy about flying over roads and congested areas"

This very first post of yours is NOT being helpful, (no way to justify it), period!
"Practice what you preach" was my advice to you.
To take it, or, leave it, is your choice, (not mine).
I rest my case and will not reply to you again.
Being kinder to your fellow fliers will get you farther in the long run, no need for you to belittle or call people out.
"Are you happy about flying over roads and congested areas"
@IrishHeights just out of interest, you have only joined this forum today - are you aware or familiar with CAP 722/393 and specifically Articles 166/7?

@IrishHeights just out of interest, you have only joined this forum today - are you aware or familiar with CAP 722/393 and specifically Articles 166/7?

Yes I am familiar. I learned about all that from this very helpful post. CAP 722/393

Just out of interest. My post count and joined date have both been called into question today.
a - Do I need "X" amount of posts to voice my opinion on this site? (irishsights says so)
b - would you have asked if I was familiar with CAP 722/393 had I joined this site yesterday, last week, or last year??

Very nice photos...and Irishsights is just being helpful. One thing I will comment though is if you look at the Internet videos, especially non-US you will see beautiful images and video .........over highways, buildings, people. :)

Ps. I was a little more daring up untill everyone started paying attention, rules were being enforced and the exemptions are in the hopper...:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters