Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

mobile battery charger for inspire2

Reaction score
This is a simple and low cost way of charging the inspire 2 batteries when travelling around. I have 8 batteries in total = 4 Flights. After the first flight I start charging 2 Batteries with my mobile charger. When finished Flight no. 4, the first batterie has been charged completely within 70 min. 6S 10 Ah as power supply will charge about 4Batteries.

All you need is a converter like this:

800W DC-DC Power Supply Konverter Boost Step-up Modul 12-80V zu 12-80V SUPER | eBay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idkYKXgmf5EIMG_3553.JPG IMG_3552.JPG

Reactions: jyamamo
This is a simple and low cost way of charging the inspire 2 batteries when travelling around. I have 8 batteries in total = 4 Flights. After the first flight I start charging 2 Batteries with my mobile charger. When finished Flight no. 4, the first batterie has been charged completely within 70 min. 6S 10 Ah as power supply will charge about 4Batteries.

800W DC-DC Power Supply Konverter Boost Step-up Modul 12-80V zu 12-80V SUPER | eBay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idkYKXgmf5EView attachment 14624 View attachment 14625
thanks for your video. I'd like to put together something like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idkYKXgmf5EView attachment 14624 View attachment 14625

Excellent solution, thanks for sharing. I am using the DJI 12v car charger but the charger did not use the full charge of a standalone battery. Seems that the charger interprets that the battery supplies energy for a car and is getting too low to start, and cuts the energy.

With the DJI car charger I need to use three 12 Ah to charge a single pair of batteries. This is something like 12 pounds of batteries. Not usefull as I will take the I2 for a 5 days hike with no electrical supply in the peruvian Andes.

How much Ampers hour (Ah) do you need to fully charge a pair of batteries with your setting? In the photo your setting seems to work with a very small battery.

Last edited:
The fully charged 10Ah6S gets down to about 20% after 1 charge of the I2. The 6s is a light weight lipo but it still balances 1kg

Reactions: jyamamo

Have you had any long term issues buddy? Just hooking up something like this now!

I bought an Anker PowerHouse. Then I:
  • Charged it to 100%
  • Plugged the I2 hub into it
  • Pressed the "AC" button above the plug
  • Noted that the PowerHouse status display said "100%", and "AC" on the right.
  • Noted that the I2 batteries started charging
Then 10 seconds later, the PowerHouse shut down, and charging stopped.

Am I missing something here?

I bought an Anker PowerHouse. Then I:
  • Charged it to 100%
  • Plugged the I2 hub into it
  • Pressed the "AC" button above the plug
  • Noted that the PowerHouse status display said "100%", and "AC" on the right.
  • Noted that the I2 batteries started charging
Then 10 seconds later, the PowerHouse shut down, and charging stopped.

Am I missing something here?

I believe that the PowerHouse can supply 120w max and the I2 charger requires up to 180w .... does not compute ☹️

Somebody above said they were using the PowerHouse successfully with I2.

I’m not familiar with the product but did find one reference to a unit with a max of 120w output from the mains section.

This might drive a 180w psu if the load was low (batteries already part charged) but would always be operating ‘on the edge’.

For most inverters feeding a reactive load (such as the I2 charger) you need a decent power margin of between 50-100%. That would imply an inverter with a rating of around 300w to be on the safe side.

I also noticed that there are two different sizes of PowerHouse available, so maybe this is also an issue?

Have you tried charging just one battery at a time? If this works then it’s a good indication that the unit just isn’t capable of providing enough power to work reliably with the I2 dual charger.

I just tried charging a single battery, and got the same result; 10 seconds of charging, then power off.

I am hoping that @Haryy.T can chime in here, as he is the one who said he was using this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcusFalc