Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

More idiots flying drones where they shouldn't

If you were the helicopter pilot diving in low to the ground in very smoky hard to see environments wouldn't you want those drones out of the air? If I'm the pilot risking my life to save your house by all means go ahead and blast away. Maybe after enough drones are blasted out of the air, those who want to fly in restricted airspace will get the message.
Ya man of course if i was a chopper pilot I would want the drones grounded. ..
I had my drone shot at for flying over private property and I don't fly there anymore so maybe that's the ticket...

WoW more government involvement wanted?
Listen Drones are here, even though there are responsible pilots, you will Never be able to control idiots. Quit the fear mongering (referring to the press) because there is Nothing that can be done about it. Thousands of drones are now here and if you choose to have more government involvement, the Commercial pilots are the only ones that are going to suffer. Why wouldn't the helicopters stop flying if there are birds around? This is just more redirect to make these machines look bad in the public opinion.

As we all know, this is new untreaded territory. Unfortunately there is no way around new rules and regulations. I wish it wasn't so and it wouldn't need to be if every drone pilot flew responsibly, but we all know from the numerous news stories lately that far to many people are not flying responsibly. You mentioned commercial pilots. 99% of commercial pilots fly responsibly and are required(regulated)
to maintain their proffiencency or they lose their privilege to fly. If everyone flying drones flew responsibly, we would not need to many rules, laws or reg's regarding the use of drones. Put these very capable machines in the hands of the mass population and now it becomes, not just an issue, but a big issue.
There are many that feel that they should be able to fly with no regulations at all. I would agree if drones had a very limited height and distance and not autonomously flown or if they had the difficulty and limitation of an normally configured R/C helicopter, we would not need these proposed reg's.

Just curious Birdseyejr.
What other restriction would you like to see and that your in support of?

I support the continued education of Drones and there safe operation. Drones should be required to maintain simular safety standards as the AMA. Those who fly Drones commercially should be required to prove their knowledge, proffiencency and safety of their Drones and equipment. Flying at large events should be restricted to approved licensed commercial operators. Flying over personal property for the purpose of surveillance should not be allowed. Florida just implemented this new law.
I believe public parks should allow drones designated areas away from people to fly.
I also believe drones should have restrictions when flying in cites with tall buildings. We all know what happens when someone smacks their drone into the side of a building.

Attachments

• 105-1.pdf
    108.7 KB · Views: 14
WoW more government involvement wanted?
Listen Drones are here, even though there are responsible pilots, you will Never be able to control idiots. Quit the fear mongering (referring to the press) because there is Nothing that can be done about it. Thousands of drones are now here and if you choose to have more government involvement, the Commercial pilots are the only ones that are going to suffer. Why wouldn't the helicopters stop flying if there are birds around? This is just more redirect to make these machines look bad in the public opinion.
Why do you feel that commercial pilots are the only ones who are going to suffer?

Why do you feel that commercial pilots are the only ones who are going to suffer?

Birdseyejr,

First off, welcome to the forum. Now that being said I didn't say JUST commercial drone pilots would suffer, however they will indeed be the one's that will suffer from even More regulations that they already have to follow. Do you happen to hold a 333 exemption? If you do, I'm pretty sure you'll find some of the regulations preposterous and borderline insulting to most commercial drone pilots. Remember, we that do uphold a 333 exception are on the radar and can possibly have even more restrictions applied to our exemptions because of rogue pilots. The people that choose to break the rules are going to do it anyway regardless of anymore government interaction. There is already some severe fines for these type of people. Do you not think there's too much government involvement already? What I'm saying is there is a fine line of what can be done. Bringing anymore government in will not change anything in my opinion but HURT the commercial industry. This is all politics, that's what politicians get paid for. Do you really think they give a **** about you or me? Don't think so.

The only way I see a couple options at this point in time is:
1} frequency jammers, but then you get in to safety issues, via cell phones for emergency calls, emergency respondent radios {VHF} but then again you can easily make a drone that operates on VHF frequency.
or
2} Just make it Illegal to purchase or posses a drone without a commercial licenses, which brings me to a point that you stated in your earlier post. {Put these very capable machines in the hands of the mass population and now it becomes, not just an issue, but a big issue.} Is this what your proposing? Take away all hobbyist drones simply because of other irresponsible people? Should we do this with guns too? I am a firm believer in the 2nd amendment and I'm probably the last person you wanna hang out with if your against our rights.

There is so much hype about drones it's ridiculous!

Nothing is perfect and it will never be perfect! and also as you have stated as myself...
"EDUCATION!" THIS PROBABLY THE BEST SOLUTION BUT NOT MORE GOVERNMENT!

Happy Flying!

Last edited:
I see the media contributing to the problem. They mostly only report the negative about sUAV's. And they continue to label them as "drones" which carries a negative connotation because of the military's weaponized use of them.

Reactions: Drone Mastery
.. please do not assume because of my prior post that I am regulation adverse. I am rather stating that the technology itself presents many of the solutions to the problems presented in this thread.

On the corner where I live, ambulances that need to drive through the intersection at high rates of speed change the light remotely and traverse safely, without the need to ban the other drivers as a nuisance to health care.

Birdseyejr,

First off, welcome to the forum. Now that being said I didn't say JUST commercial drone pilots would suffer, however they will indeed be the one's that will suffer from even More regulations that they already have to follow. Do you happen to hold a 333 exemption? If you do, I'm pretty sure you'll find some of the regulations preposterous and borderline insulting to most commercial drone pilots. Remember, we that do uphold a 333 exception are on the radar and can possibly have even more restrictions applied to our exemptions because of rogue pilots. The people that choose to break the rules are going to do it anyway regardless of anymore government interaction. There is already some severe fines for these type of people. Do you not think there's too much government involvement already? What I'm saying is there is a fine line of what can be done. Bringing anymore government in will not change anything in my opinion but HURT the commercial industry. This is all politics, that's what politicians get paid for. Do you really think they give a **** about you or me? Don't think so.

The only way I see a couple options at this point in time is:
1} frequency jammers, but then you get in to safety issues, via cell phones for emergency calls, emergency respondent radios {VHF} but then again you can easily make a drone that operates on VHF frequency.
or
2} Just make it Illegal to purchase or posses a drone without a commercial licenses, which brings me to a point that you stated in your earlier post. {Put these very capable machines in the hands of the mass population and now it becomes, not just an issue, but a big issue.} Is this what your proposing? Take away all hobbyist drones simply because of other irresponsible people? Should we do this with guns too? I am a firm believer in the 2nd amendment and I'm probably the last person you wanna hang out with if your against our rights.

There is so much hype about drones it's ridiculous!

Nothing is perfect and it will never be perfect! and also as you have stated as myself...
"EDUCATION!" THIS PROBABLY THE BEST SOLUTION BUT NOT MORE GOVERNMENT!

Happy Flying!
Ok, now I understand clearly that you were refering to commercial drone operators and not commercial pilot's. I agree that it may put commercial drone operators under more scrutiny and restrictions.
Look, I understand where your coming from and I would like to have less rules, regulations etc. than more. Btw thank you for your welcoming to the forum.

But!....... Unfortunately there is going to be a lot more scrutiny in the near future over drones and the way drones are flown. Because there are to many people flying them, and flying them in bad fashion. I'm sure you've heard of the latest incident this weekend which is now.... all over the news! where a Delta pilot reported a drone at 1,700ft, 100 feet below his aircraft while landing at JFK airport in New York. Once again.......people will be people........ and they will do as they please........ and they will fly their drones...... wherever they damm well please...... It is the irresponsible acts of these kinds of people who will ensure that more rules, laws and more than likely, regulations come into effect in the near future whether we, or I like it or not.
More rules and restrictions are unfortunately inevitable with more and more frequent acts from these kinds of folks..
Just like there are laws and rules for driving, there must be laws and rules for flying drones, why? because idiots will continue to do what they do best, which is ruin it for the rest of us.
What is your take on all this? And like you had asked me what restrictions I felt where nesscessary. I propose to you, how do we control these problematic drone fliers? who will continually be on the rise as the drone craze continues.

Happy Flying!

Reactions: Drone Mastery
.. please do not assume because of my prior post that I am regulation adverse. I am rather stating that the technology itself presents many of the solutions to the problems presented in this thread.

On the corner where I live, ambulances that need to drive through the intersection at high rates of speed change the light remotely and traverse safely, without the need to ban the other drivers as a nuisance to health care.
And I agree that technology can be a solution to many problems and I'm all for it.

There was another report of a drone flying near aircraft today..
this time it was a drone flying closely to a helicopter. .the pilot said the drone came within 15 feet of the med chopper 2 miles away from the airport. ..
not good news for responsible drone pilots...

This is a news clip of it. Said the UAV was 4 or 5 feet in diameter. I guess I1 and P operators are off the hook on this one.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/dr...arrying-patient-to-fresno-hospital/ar-BBlHX4J

What jackass would fly their S1000 setup nearly into a MedFlight helicopter? Isn't that likely $20-30000 worth of gear at risk + the helo + 2-3 lives + your shiny new 333 + a world of bad press for your new little real estate photo venture you mortgaged your wife's mothers house for?

Last edited:
NBC news did a story on the latest sighting and drone sightings in general,,head of FAA said they did have measures they could take to help drone situation,,didn't say what they were (can't remember exactly how he worded it)

I'm just afraid Congress will get involved,,if they do we will have much more stringent measures.

On a different topic, but related,,,people have argued if the flight logs could be somehow given to the government. How long have they had it so that any picture taken on a cell phone has the location embeded in the picture (GPS coordinates),,but that, as far as I know, has only really been public for the last couple of years,,,,,we might be shocked at what they can do if they want to,,,

I think there are a ton of bogus reports. Of all of the hundreds and hundreds of reports to the FAA, not one picture of a "near miss" or whatever has been shown. Not even from someones cellphone to prove that it was a UAV.

I know when I'm flying my airplane (private pilot) I sometimes think I saw something out of the corner of my eye. It usually turns out to be eye floaters, which the eye doctor says are those dark spots in your eye ball that move around.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop