Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Motor Upgrade of I1 v1

Aye up Ralph. Will the I1 auto take off with the bigger motors with the X5 on?
Is the climb rate improved when flying the X5 or X3, like wise horizontal speed?
Thanks for the reply

PS
whats the cost in $ of the upgrade?

The Inspire Pro will do auto take off same as the others and just as well. I did a test the other day with my Inspire Pro and my Inspire 1 , we did a full power up throttle take off at the same time and they performed the same. I did the test about 3 times and the Inspire Pro with the new motors lifted at the same speed as the Inspire 1. Horizontal speeds are the same as the other Inspires. Basically they fly the same to me, I do think the Inspire Pro is a little better at wind than the Inspire 1, it could be because of the additional weight. Of course these are just my thoughts and test. These are not any official results from DJI. Just to make that clear.

I have a I1 I have upgraded the camera to the X5 on. I would have thought the newer 420KV motors would have given the AC some more power. The I1 that came with theX3 wont auto take off with the X5 on it. I am not that bothered but its just as annoying as the follow mode not working!
I was looking for a motor upgrade to my existing I1

Is there a noticeable battery drain with higher output 420kv motors compared to orignial motors? Looking for an example timewise.

I have a I1 I have upgraded the camera to the X5 on. I would have thought the newer 420KV motors would have given the AC some more power. The I1 that came with theX3 wont auto take off with the X5 on it. I am not that bothered but its just as annoying as the follow mode not working!
I was looking for a motor upgrade to my existing I1
In the follow mode are you making sure you are high enough to activate that function? I know it's an obvious question but I was having trouble and it was because I wasn't high enough.

And just what altitude do you have it working at? I don't get altitude not high enough!

Is there any further info by DJI on the requirements for this function to work?

View attachment 5792
Are you trying to use it with the GPS in the remote?
If so, its rubbish and seriously flawed.
DJI should never have implemented this daft feature IMHO but they did so bowing to pressure from competitors.

The GPS reception in the Inspire remote has always been flakey due to the positioning of the GPS antenna.

Reactions: FlyHighUSA
something isn't working correctly because it is saying you have weak GPS but you have 18 satellites locked during the screenshot. Can you do me a favor and delete your app and reinstall it. It is totally possible to have a glitch in the app. Sometimes I have had to delete and reinstall the app when nothing else would work. I know it sounds silly but it is the truth. I'm posting a link for you to watch the tutorial on flying in intelligent modes. Are you running the latest firmware? Here is the link.

The Editor is correct in that the GPS can be flakey. Although I have never had this particular problem. Let me know if you get it up and running. Im curious to know why its saying weak GPS with 18 satellites locked

something isn't working correctly because it is saying you have weak GPS but you have 18 satellites locked during the screenshot. Can you do me a favor and delete your app and reinstall it. It is totally possible to have a glitch in the app. Sometimes I have had to delete and reinstall the app when nothing else would work. I know it sounds silly but it is the truth. I'm posting a link for you to watch the tutorial on flying in intelligent modes. Are you running the latest firmware? Here is the link.
Think you will find the 'GPS signal too weak' refers to the remote GPS not the aircraft.
In other words, its too weak' to implement the function safely. If it was aircraft GPS you would get a flashing info bar at the top of the screen and the woman would shout 'Atti mode' at you. :p

That's totally not good. How could this be resolved? I'm curious. I haven't had this issue before
The problem stems from the fact that most people tablets actually obscure the GPS antenna.
If you tilt both the tablet up and tilt the remote itself so that it is about 45 degree to the sky you eventually get the blue dot on the map screen showing GPS is locked. The problem is it is just too flakey and can be lost at any moment making follow me useless and more importantly dangerous.
The solution seems to be to run a cellular iPad which has GPS built in. None of the WiFi only iPads have GPS and I believe this is where people are running into difficulty.

The problem stems from the fact that most people tablets actually obscure the GPS antenna.
If you tilt both the tablet up and tilt the remote itself so that it is about 45 degree to the sky you eventually get the blue dot on the map screen showing GPS is locked. The problem is it is just too flakey and can be lost at any moment making follow me useless and more importantly dangerous.
The solution seems to be to run a cellular iPad which has GPS built in. None of the WiFi only iPads have GPS and I believe this is where people!e are running into difficulty.
Yes you know you're totally right my iPad uses its own Internet signal so I always have GPS lock where I fly. I can definitely see where that would be a problem blocking the GPS antenna. thanks for letting me know about that I really appreciate it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeatriceFo