Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Mounting a GoPro Session on Inspire

Reaction score
Just wondered whether anyone has tried mounting an sky facing GoPro Session to the top of their Inspire?

I'm looking for a way to capture zenith stills for my aerial panos and a Session set to takes stills at intervals would seem to be the most simple solution.

However, I'm just wondering, if it's mounted on the crown hump of the inspire body (in front of the battery), whether it will have a negative affect on GPS reception?

This is how I mounted my GoPro but it's a hero 3+

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 25
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 25
Just wondered whether anyone has tried mounting an sky facing GoPro Session to the top of their Inspire?

I'm looking for a way to capture zenith stills for my aerial panos and a Session set to takes stills at intervals would seem to be the most simple solution.

However, I'm just wondering, if it's mounted on the crown hump of the inspire body (in front of the battery), whether it will have a negative affect on GPS reception?
Easy to test out without actually flying. Just stick it on top and see how many sats it finds. I velcro'd a GPS tracker upside down to the underside of my I1, behind the VPS system, and the tracker was still getting GPS reception. So who knows.

Easy to test out without actually flying. Just stick it on top and see how many sats it finds. I velcro'd a GPS tracker upside down to the underside of my I1, behind the VPS system, and the tracker was still getting GPS reception. So who knows.
But be sure to be very familiar with Atti flying just in case the reception gets bad in flight. Don't count on RTH. Take enough minutes in account to get home safely before any auto go home fuction kicks in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tycet